Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I prefer to use Continental tyres, a friend of uses Michelins. I had Eco Contacts on my old Mercedes and on my current Passat summer wheels, found they felt safe in dry and wet, noise was reduced and the fuel economy was better.. but not buy massive amounts. 1-2mpg... so don't expect big gains... Cars handling can feel different with different manufacturers of tyres.I most online tyre tests you will find Michelin and Continental tyre at the top, along with Goodyear, dunlop. No idea what make will be on my new UP yet... find out on 12th Nov when i pick it up.
But look at the reviews and see what budget you have and then make the best choice for you.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Leif said:
Which are the best in terms of low noise and good mpg? I am told Michelin energy saver are good.
They are, but get the newest version of the energy saver, the energy saver + or plus.
It drives a lot better than the original from 2008 or so, which had some drawbacks in the wet and when braking. Nothing really worrisome as you get used to it, but it didn't have the safety margin you got with regular (i.e. non-eco) tyres of the period.

I'm running the newish Dunlop BluResponse on the up! , and I really like them for their handling, braking, wet conditions, and it seems to roll lightly and quietly too - that's what the EU tyre label promised anyway .

I doubt they'll last as long as Michelins though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts