Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to start looking for a decent yet cheap case for my Maps & More.

What are the best value suggestions and best places to buy? I have looked at eBay, but it is far easier to buy onrecommendation as you know what you are getting

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Me too!

·
Registered
705 Posts
The official case is very good. A zipped neoprene pouch with a pocket for the unit to sit inside. It's £10 or £11 well spent.

Nick

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Starshaped said:
If you are not bothered about it saying Citigo on it you can get the identical case from Skoda for £7

Interesting, I have a parts contact with SEAT so will see how much they charge.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
we are arguing about pennies.....get the original one, it looks cool and fits properly just my £10 worth

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You can get a seat case and feel legit!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it will either be the Up! or Mii case, having a soft spot for SEAT and saving £3 that I am sure Mrs Green will find something really useful to spend it on.........

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Jeremy...you can spend it on the years of remorse for not buying the VW one

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got this one from Amazon for £4.49 delivered - It is designed for protecting Hard Drives

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008OZ7QAU/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I had a look at the original one in the dealer and I was worried that it did not offer much protection against geing dropped, crushed etc and bearing in mind how important a piece of kit it is (along with the cost) I decided to have a look online.

This case is slightly hardened so protects it against twisting, being dropped or crushed (all within reason) it fits the M & M perfectly whilst holding it place with elastic too.

If you must have the badge on it then go for the VW for £10 or Seat for £7, but just be aware it wont offer you any more protection than if you had slid the unit in a couple of socks!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Privatedoc said:
Jeremy...you can spend it on the years of remorse for not buying the VW one

Lol, you might be right there, got to hand in my Insurance certificate tomorrow so may well just order one in at the same time!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finnster said:
Got this one from Amazon for £4.49 delivered - It is designed for protecting Hard Drives

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008OZ7QAU/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I had a look at the original one in the dealer and I was worried that it did not offer much protection against geing dropped, crushed etc and bearing in mind how important a piece of kit it is (along with the cost) I decided to have a look online.

This case is slightly hardened so protects it against twisting, being dropped or crushed (all within reason) it fits the M & M perfectly whilst holding it place with elastic too.

If you must have the badge on it then go for the VW for £10 or Seat for £7, but just be aware it wont offer you any more protection than if you had slid the unit in a couple of socks!!

Useful tip many thanks, looks very similar to my sons hard backed DS case, mmm more food for thought and half the price.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Everyone is wasting too much thoughtpower on this one methinks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Privatedoc said:
Everyone is wasting too much thoughtpower on this one methinks!

So many choice's it seems it is harder to buy a maps and more case than it is to choose the spec of my Up! lol!!

I am planning on using the maps and more in my Leon as well so me having butter fingers does mean a case that will protect it if I drop is quite a good idea

This thread may prove useful to others in a case of adilemma,and they can just zip through this thread and carry awayeveryone'sthoughts before making Up! their own mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts