Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bare metal sides/wheel arches in the boot look very vulnerable to scratches. Have members found a good way of lining them? Having read on here that they are also a source of unwanted road/splash noise, I was thinking of lining mine with some Dynamat and then covering that with carpet, but that's not ideal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Oooo I never thought of this! But sounds a good idea!! Could be an interesting thread this one!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having just inspected an Up boot at my local dealer (mine arrives early November), it looks as though the easiest way to tackle the problem is to remove the large plastic double-height shelf support thing that's attached (how?) to the metal wheel arch, and other bits of plastic trim, before lining the whole thing with Dynamat and stretchable automotive carpet.

·
Registered
583 Posts
UpMan said:
it looks as though the easiest way to tackle the problem is to remove the large plastic double-height shelf support thing that's attached (how?)
3 bolts either side
screws right off / on

If you put that kind of stuff behind the plastic supports on either side, then screw them back on, I very much doubt the shelf will still fit between the supports though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tandfeen said:
I fittet this in my Citigo:

That's superb, just what I want. I assume you made this yourself using some sort of stretchable carpeting?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Is it the stuff that comes with double sided tape or did you use spray adhesive?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts