Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of a scare in my up last night, was driving back on a 15 mile journey with one of my friends back from another friends house.... it was rather windy as those of you in the south know we are having upto 80mph winds, and it was pitch black in the middle of no-where....

so the scene is set, all of a sudden what i thought was just a large twig appeared in the road, I tried to steer round it but it blew further into my path, so i ended up going over it.... the following noise was TERRIBLE!

nasty nasty twig was obviously stuck under the car, so we pulled over immediately and searched for said twig... well didnt take me long, had wedged itself just near the rear right hand wheel somewhere, so i pulled it out, turned out to be more like a branch, was a good 2 foot long and over an inch in diameter!! blummin thing, I'm just hoping it hasnt done any damage!

I have seemed to have used alot of petrol since, anyone know if the petrol tank is anywhere nearthe rear right wheel, I'm probably being paranoid tho...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would say it is Gemma as that's where the petrol cap is. Although my other half says is you have a leak you would probably smell it and my see the oil rainbow in any water near the wheel

·
Registered
956 Posts
Gemma, that must have been pretty scary stuff, I really hope it hasn't done any damage to poor little Pixie and fingers crossed that you are just being paranoid about the petrol.

Keep us posted with any developments.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That sounds scary. I hope that you and the car are ok x

·
Registered
619 Posts
It may be an idea to have a garage give the car the once over just in case. Fuel vapour near something hot like brakes or catalytic converters does not make a good partnership. A garage, or your dealership, would not take much for this I imagine - perhaps a small price to pay for peace of mind.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've noticed my Up pulling a bit in the wind over the last two days. I lost my curry plant to the winds, and my chillis have suffered severe damage (the leaves are heavily bruised and most will die). This weather is plain silly.

I imagine it is not a good idea to drive round country lanes in the dark, due to the possibility of fallen trees/boughs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have found the up gets buffeted around abit in the high winds along the dual carriageway. I suppose it's because it's so light and quite tall/ flat sided.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys! think i will have to get it checked out, like you say better safe than sorry...

it is silly weather and totally agree, the lightness of the car does make it easily swayed by the wind.

did scare me lots, hasnt stopped me driving round the dark country roads at night tho! just got back from a shorter but as remote journey

i will keep you all informed if i do end up having damage to my lil pixie!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
willowaz: The important thing is you are safe and unhurt - hopefully your little car will be none the worse for its encounter.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks jimmy! youre totally right :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is the car fine?? i had a minor panic thinking i'd punctured my tyre with a screw... but i think the screw had just got jammed into one of the tyre grips.... as no loss tyre pressure yet! phew!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it seems to be fine yes, thank you... I am keeping a close eye on everything tho. and my lil PIXIE is going in on 18th anyway for the second remote key to be coded, so i think I will get them to check it over then anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts