Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Up! is on order and I've upgraded to thr sports pack with the Volkswagen Genuine Triangle alloy wheel Wheel size: 6J x 16" Tyre size: 185/50 R16. I'm dreading those beautiful wheels coming with the awful white centre caps. Could anyone tell me what size centre caps I need to replace the white ones with sexy black ones and where to get them? Are they available from VW as a genuine part or are third party ones good enough?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mogwai, thanks for your reply. The online brochure is down at the minute but I have it downloaded and cannot find them anywhere in there. There are loads listed on eBay in all sorts of sizes hence my questioning. The white ones look so out of place I can't believe VW are sending them out like that, are they mad?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh hiya mogwai, I'm so sorry, I couldn't see them for looking. They are there £45 for the set. Do you know if they are the newer type or the ones proned to corrosion? I don't suppose you know their size in millimetres do you? Thanks again for pointing them out. I'll have to whine to my dealer and see if they'll chuck them in for free. I would imagine so.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think they are just plastic. They are nice and solid though. I am not sure on the size but they definitely fit the triangle wheels.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I bought some a few weeks ago for my high up (standard spoke alloys) and it made a massive difference to the look (my car is silver and black so the white caps just looked weird).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts