Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through the forums for a few days now, while waiting my last couple weeks before my Up! arrives, and have come across very few owners who chose a black dash/grey-beech polka interior.

When I was customising my Up! there wasn't a doubt in my mind that this combination was the best of the lot! I was surprised to see so few (if any at all) among the forums.

Does anyone out there agree that this combination makes a tiny car look luxurious inside!?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think it looks lovely.. I have a black dash with the cornsilk, but red trim seats. I originally ordered a red dash, but it came with black. I fell in love with it... yours looks especially nice with the black car..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree it does look very lovely! if we had been in a position to wait for our up! then I would have gone for something a bit more adventurous for sure - my daughter was without a car so we agreed to have the one we did and got it in under two weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Rednaxela: For some reason the red dash never did it for me.. In fact I really didn't like it for a while!I've come to appreciate it in some ways but seems a bit obnoxious and strange. I guess its for the best they screwed up your order, but inexcusable of them, really.

@Sue: Well at least you didn't have to wait the few months that I have! It's been like waiting for Christmas as a child!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Still loving our shiney white dashes , one of my staff has a move up with a white textured dash which is also pretty nice.....love the pic above, looks very classy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I must admit, the white dash is very nice, but doesn't go as well with the black exterior.At the moment I'm driving a 2008 BMW 530i which has a similar dark to beige theme inside which I have always loved.

Never thought I'd wish that thing gone, but GIVE ME BETTER FUEL CONSUMPTION! GIVE ME MY UP!

I'm intrigued about the white textured dash. How did they get it? What does it look like!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
its called cornsilk so matches the rest of the interior (her exterior colour is red)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh of course, for some reason I expected a fancy carbon fiber textured dash. Oh mind, how you wander.

When I was first looking through customisations, I thought the cornsilk looked better and that the shiny dash was a bit too bold for me, but having seen a few in showrooms and all over the internet, I have come to love and look forward to it!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
shiny dash is great but can attract the dust a bit.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Dusty Dash :- (will try the wax tip!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the number of complaints about things like transmission and clutch issues, incorrect build of the car and poor night time illumination, I must say dust is the last thing on my mind!

I hope its the only thing i need to worry about.. It's been far too long a wait to have to wait even longer if something else is wrong!

Your white dash is very sleek, I really like it.
All these photos people keep submitting make me desperate to finally get and photograph the **** out of mine!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i found the www.autoscout24.com website helpful. there are lots of photos. ive gone for the dark silver with the cornsilk dash etc. its true about the long wait though - your mind does tend to wonder and find all the complaints !

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
397 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Black over cornsilk looks lovely in any car colour except white. The cornsilk 'cream' really clashes with the pure white of the car. If I'd ordered a Tornado red car, I'ddefinitelyhave gone for black over cornsilk.
... and I did just that! Alternative was silver over cornsilk but I feared that might make it look like it was made out of aluminium sheet! No samples available.

·
Registered
532 Posts

This car is pleasant inside.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Nice combo Ducatikid.I wish the steering wheel inserts were colour coded too

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ta, daughter is my style consultant.

Any news on the GT arriving?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not too sure about the steering wheel inserts at all to be honest. They seem a bit too flashy and shiny. When I was doing my customisation, the preview showed the non-leather steering wheel, which are are the same material all around. Was almost upset when I realised I'd be getting the shiny inserts

But I would rather a leather steering wheel so I guess I can't complain!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Still nowt on the GT....allegedly will know by April-may ish

1 - 20 of 22 Posts