Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the forum so thought I would say a quick hello!

Currently own a 13 plate new style Fiesta ST-2 with the additional style pack. This was a purchase I made just before my 21st birthday and it has been the best car I have ever owned.

To cut a long story short....fuel costs are ridiculous.

6 months down the line and I have just placed an order on a 14 plate Groove up! in black. Pick the car up next week and I really cant wait. Never thought I would be excited about trading this ST in so early but there is just something so appealing about the up!, it has so much character!

The only issue for me will be the obvious lack of power compared to the ST but from what I can see from the vast majority of posters in this forum I have a lot to look forward to when getting my up!

All replies welcome, will keep you posted on how I get on once I get the car early next week!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
would love to hear your thoughts on the st2 as this is on my shortlist along with the promised up gt

private message might be more appropriate

ps, you will indeed save fortunes with an UP!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, feel free to message me with any questions on the ST!

That is my hope, fuel costs and insurance was just unbearable with the ST but I am hoping the Up! will serve me well for the next few years.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
what sort of mpg were you getting?? insurance would be bonkers for something like that + west of scotland + your age

I pay around 150 squid insurance for the up, but then again I'm an old fart!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was nearly hitting 30mpg and that was if I was driving conservatively...which the ST just forces you not to do! Excellent car, just costs too much to run at the moment. Was £285 on pcp for the car, £135 per month insurance and around £140 per month on fuel, not to mention the £125 road tax creeping round the corner.

I have managed to get insurance on the Up! for £28 per month, so I really cant complain!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
wow, >£100 a month better off before you turn the key.........smart move!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and only £170 per month on the car so again I am saving over £100 on the car! Just need to wait and see how well I can do on fuel costs, hoping to be able to cut it to about £70 per month and I really will be laughing all the way to the bank!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked the car up on tuesday there after work and I cant believe how great a car it is! I was expcting to miss my ST2 but this wee up! seems to put an even bigger smile on my face....probably due to the amount of money I am saving each month and the Fender sound system!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In the similar boat to your self, Im trading my Fiesta Metal edition in for my up in 2 weeks when it arrives, I am £280 a month on pcp and 70 a month on insurance. Fuel costs would not be as much as the ST. I am looking forward to the cheaper PCP and double MPG. Luckily im getting the years free insurance with VW :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations! My choice was the Black groove as well, before I calculate the High Up with leather interior. Now I am thinking about switching to the groove up back.

Hope you like it. We would like to see some pics, of it`s possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will get some pics for you sometime over the weekend once I get it all clean and shiny on the outside again! Drives like a dream and I have found myself playing a game trying to get my MPG higher...got 60.5 mpg on my 15 mile drive home from work last night, I am over the moon!

The black groove up looks incredible, the alloys really set it off aswell as the tinted windows.

Great choice in the end

·
Registered
95 Posts
If your Up! is like my Up! then the fuel will just get better. I bought mine on a Friday and then drove 250 miles on the Saturday and again on the Sunday, mainly motorways. Both trips I stuck to 60-70mph but I calculated the fuel consumption overall to be about 55mpg so I was a little dismayed. My next fill up was 32 litres for 316 miles so about 45mpg which is more realistic as most journeys were my 5.5 miles to work or back and for most of these journeys the car was still warming plus I live in Torquay which is very hilly so lots of up and down gears. So far on this tank of work and back journeys I have done about 300 miles on 3 quarters of a tank so the overall fuel costs should be better. From what I have read on here the fuel consumption does keep improving for about the first 1,000 miles and then when summer hits and it's warmer it should be even better

·
Registered
296 Posts
Have done about 6.500 miles - spreadsheet of fuel use coming out at about 53 mpg overall. My wife has our baby away from Central Scotland to Windermere. At halfway point stopped for a break and [optimistic] Maps and More unit says 67 mpg down the M74.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I've found M&M reasonably close to actual provided you give it a long enough run...just a wee bit optimistic so 67mpg is great

1 - 14 of 14 Posts