Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Thought I'd finally introduce myself as i have already joined the waiting quite a while ago (19th April) and been reading the posts fanatically.

My little devil is going to be the BlueMotion Move Up! in black pearl color with some extra goodies like parking sensors, sound pack and maps & more.

I got a few weeks ago my build date, which make me a week 27er.
This also translated into a estimated delivery of end of July/early August. I guess that holds around the stretch of 12 weeks that was promised.

I haven't seen alot of Black Up!s around as many are seeming to go for the other colors or the White Up!. Would be nice to know exterior wise what you like of your black cars.

Oh and I also noticed now from the VW homepages that you can get the High Up! with a 75ps BlueMotion, this option wasn't there when i ordered

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi ZillUp and welcome to the forum. So if I've calculated right, I think week 27 is w/c 2nd July so you're definitely looking good for end of July delivery, you're just playing the waiting game like the rest of us
. Good choice by the way.

There's a poll on the forum about which colour you've ordered so make sure you cast your vote.

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/what-colour-did-you-pick-poll_topic192_page1.html?KW=which+colour

I think white has the most so far, with red and black not too far behind. Us light bluers are definitely in the minority, along with silver, but that's no bad thing, I like to be different

Fingers crossed, I should be getting mine either end of next week or the week after and just starting to get really excited again after a fairly mood dampening lack of communication from my salesman.

I noticed on broadspeed.com that the 75ps now does a BMT version. Pity really because I probably would have gone for the High up! originally if BMT had been an option then. Ah well, still looking forward to seeing my new baby sooner rather than later

Edited by: clowesa

·
294 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site

I love the look of the black up, having had a couple of black cars in the past I love how they look when polished up. It's keeping them that way that's the pain! With black glass at the back I think black really suits the up too.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hello and welcome....Black, esp the pearlescent UP! Black looks fantastic, it was the demo at my dealer and the only reason I didn't go for it is the car will be driven by my soon to start driving son so visibility in the scottish murky weather was an issue.

I've had black cars in the past, they look amazing when clean but its difficult to keep them clean, esp my last black car, a LR Discovery that needed long ladders to clean properly!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome

I've got an up! Black on order, I liked the way the glass at that back disappeared with the car being black. But having black cars in the past I know it can be hard to ensure that all the car wax comes off and it doesn't have white patches

Hope our wait won't be too long

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Quick Tip Bugbabe....car wax, invest in Zymol , expensive but lasts for years (don't get the silly dear stuff) I bought their 'carbon' wax about 6 yrs ago and am only now getting near the bottom of the tub.....no streaks, no white residue and only needs done every 3-6 months.....the dogs danglies of car waxes imho

think they do some starter kits , I believe the kit was about £70.00 6 yrs ago but money well spent

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had my UP Black for 9 days, I hadn't wanted a black car but as the dealer said he could get me one within 4 weeks went for it, I am pleased to say its lovely and looks really smart. My friends have all said how nice the pearl black is.
Hope you don't have to wait too long. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We love our black Move Up BMT....we think it's very stylish and goves the little car real character......parked next to a black Audi A1 the other day....no contest. Being all black and us being welsh rugby fans, we're looking for a discreet Maori style sticker to put on the tailgate......perhaps we should create an Up version of the Haka.......Kamate, Kamate, korUp!, korUp!.....or perhaps I'm going a little too far with this

Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts