Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my new up! has the black roof, but the paint at the back ends just short of the trailing edge of the roof. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yes, same as my March 22 version. The older ones (my 19 plate for instance, and my Mrs' 18 plate TSI), the black goes right to the edge and covers it. Don't know why the new ones are different, doubtless some value engineering project.......

Reactions: andrewparker

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to know it's normal, but it does look odd, and it does put a spanner in my plans to wrap the spoiler black.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
All personal opinion I know before anyone says it....

I really went off a black roof when millions of those Corsa edition models had them and that line is triggering me big time just looking at the photos and I'm not joking either (Severe OCD) 🙈

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be fair, since I got the car I've not really noticed it, though I still think it is odd that they decided to stop it short like they have. The other thing that annoys me is that my silver car hides the dirt quite well, but the roof doesn't, so it looks dirty and the rest of the car doesn't. In summary, if I was factory ordering a car, I wouldn't choose it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Black is lovely when clean being and ex panel beater and valeter obviously you spray one panel you have to make the rest of the car look half decent..... I could never own a black car so you got off lightly with just the roof!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts