Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a High Up have the 15" black spoke high gloss alloys which are about £100 extra over the standard spoke alloys? This might be a stupid question but I would assume from the description that they are black alloys, however in the brochure and on the vw configurator, they look exactly the same as the standard silver spokes to me.

So I'm wondering just what is the difference? I'm toying with the idea of ordering a tungsten silver high up, and I don't think the standard spokes suit it too well. I think it would look better with black alloys but I don't want sports suspension, much as I love those gorgeous triangle wheels.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have a tungsten silver and Ithink the standard spokes suit it just fine.

The only thing I want to change is the white centre caps to the black ones. I wasn't aware that there were even black spoke alloys as an option, but I haven't checked the VW site in a long while.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would just be my personal preference to have black alloys with the tungsten silver - each to their own!

The black spokes are on the configurator but to my eye look no different at all to the silver spokes. I think I must be missing something.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Im 99% sure they arnt fully black! They are like gunmetal grey I believe

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itzben said:
Im 99% sure they arnt fully black! They are like gunmetal grey I believe
Thankyou, still worth considering if that's the case, as the reason I'm not keen on the standard spokes against the tungsten silver is that they look too, well, silvery!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Lol I know what you mean and I've always wished I ordered them! You could get standard wheels and have them powder coated or painted! I was quoted £200 to have my wheels done

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have standard (silver) spoke alloys, after 1 month w/o washing them, they look like the anthracite ones.Edited by: b82ry

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure what to make of that! Are you just joking or have you actually seen the anthracite ones and think they look like dirty alloys, so you wouldn't recommend them?

It would be good to know, as I intend to order these alloys if I do buy an UP.

·
Registered
189 Posts
He's right, the standard ones get dirty really quickly so do look like the grey options.I
Think I recall someone on here who paid the extra and was really dissapointed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes - that was me (or, more accurately, that describes my feelings). Dealer had absolutely nothing to show me by way of an example 'in the flesh' what the finish would be like. Let alone the difference the £100 would achieve. Once there's the tinest amount of road dirt on the spokes any difference is completely lost and either option is As far as I'm concerned,such a subtle difference that it was £100 wasted!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts