Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member with a new up recently mentioned his 'blue index' number and trying to better it.....is the blue index figure a new thing because my navigon version of M&M doesn't give any values, just blue rings you tyr and fill up while driving, ie cruising and gear change ratings

Or is it only on blue motion models?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't have the BMT model but my Garmin M&M gives you a Blue Score. I used it for the first time today and got 82. It seems you get a better score the more you use their suggested gear changes, but some of them are silly, like suggesting 5th for going uphill in a 30 limit.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone with a navigon M&M have this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was supplied with a Garmin M&M upon purchase of my High Up, in October 2013, which does provide a blue score.

I seem to hover between a score of 88-92, whilst averaging 50-60mpg.

Whilst it may appear that the Navigon M&M appears to lack the blue-score facility, it'd also be interesting to hear what features the system may have over the Garmin system.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't think it has any features over the Garmin. The Garmin is an updated and improved version of the Navigon. When I bought my High Up a couple of weeks ago (today) it came with an old Navigon and it didn't work properly with the latest Up - stats missing from Trip Info, not charging properly. A software update may well have fixed some of those but I immediately requested a new Garmin.

Also, the Navigon doesn't support live services (via bluetooth tethering to your phone).

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is my Navigon Blue Index readout....no score on mine!

That's an average for a the last 350 miles or so

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umiamz said:
Is that with the latest software?

Yes indeed....bang upto date

remember, mine is not a bluemotion one if that makes a difference.

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
252 Posts
Non VW cars don't have the Blue Index at all.

However someone on the Mondeo owners forum I am also a member of got an 'Eco Champion' cup while averaging 30% or so less than the publish Eco figures so not too sure I am missing much!!!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you reset your PND and restart it in an UP, then you should get the blue index stuff etc......The software is all there, a full reset of the system means that when next plugged into the car, it defaults to either seat, skoda or VW mode.....would be interesting to try and anyone with a seat or skoda system is welcome to reset on my car to see if it gives you the blue stuff.....kent is a wee bit far from ayrshire though!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good idea!!! I just need to find a friendly Up! owner with the dash wiring who lives near me.

I know the unit can be used in different Mii's with no issues as I transfer my unit & arm whenever I have a loan car.

Weird as the manual for the Seat system still has info on the Blue & Me (or what ever it is called).
Edited by: mii al

·
Registered
95 Posts
Umiamz said:
I don't have the BMT model but my Garmin M&M gives you a Blue Score. I used it for the first time today and got 82. It seems you get a better score the more you use their suggested gear changes, but some of them are silly, like suggesting 5th for going uphill in a 30 limit.
I have the 60ps BMT and it will happily drive up hills in 5th at 30mph. It does sound like a diesel truck when it's doing it but it isn't overly struggling

·
Registered
851 Posts
They are amazingly torquey cars. So, maybe the 1 litre capacity comes from a longer stroke than 4 cylinder 1 litre cars have?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Duffstar said:
I have the 60ps BMT and it will happily drive up hills in 5th at 30mph. It does sound like a diesel truck when it's doing it but it isn't overly struggling

Yes, but look at the instantaneous MPG while you're doing that. You'll use more fuel maintaining speed uphill at 30 in 5th than if you were in 4th (or even 3rd for steeper hills).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Umiamz said:
Yes, but look at the instantaneous MPG while you're doing that. You'll use more fuel maintaining speed uphill at 30 in 5th than if you were in 4th (or even 3rd for steeper hills).

Sadly I do not have the M&M :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts