Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 base model up! and I was wondering if there was a possibility of getting some sort of upgrade or device to make my radio bluetooth compatible? i’ve been using aux leads but they keep breaking and it’s wasting so much money, and super frustrating. any advice or help appreciated!
Light Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Just Google "bluetooth to aux adapter", and read the specs to check a given device does what you need. Usually, easy to return it if not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can get a bluetooth FM transmitter that plugs into your cigarette lighter, just tunes into whatever FM frequency you choose. I had one off amazon in my golf and it was spot on, could take calls with it and also had usb slot for charging your phone. Probably more reliable than the maps & more in my up haha.

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's a conversion that is bit more involved as the parts would have to be sourced from Brasil (afaik). The center radio+dial frame need to be disassembled and then the panel with the dials (Temp/FanSpeed/...) is inserted into the bottom section of the new frame that already has the android unit installed.

Here's also a thread with another conversion (double-din) that might be of interest to you:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts