Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about moving from my current 1 Series to a VW up! But to make the jump I need to cover off about £900 negative equity and I am wondering if I will really save money so I have the following questions...

1 - MPG; the BMW does 31.7 miles to the gallon (official mpg is 47) on the very short runs I do - what can I expect from the up! real world on short journeys???

2 - What is the car like to live with? I.e how is the drive day to day - it felt fine on the test drive, but it would be good to gauge what it's like for those that have had one for a few weeks.

3 - Can the Maps and more functionality be added at a later date and is the wiring there with all the models?? The dealer said I could, but I've not seen it anywhere else

4 - What's the build quality like?

5 - Am I getting a good deal, I'm looking at the move up! I have been offered good part ex for the BMW, free servicing for 3 years and 7.9 % APR on a tiny £200 deposit? This comes out at £165 a month over 35 payments.

Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We have not taken delivery of our UP yet, but I regularly jump from a 1 series into a ford ka and VW T4 van.

Our town car of choice is the Ka, but for journeys the BMW. I think that I would want to be very sure before I made that type of jump as they are very different cars.

The answer may depend on how many miles you do, and which engine your 1 series has. I guess if it does 47 to the gallon then road tax on your BMW will be 165, then you have cheaper insurance, servicing and tyres for the UP. Add all of these up as well as a pessimistic figure for the up economy then you will know if it makes financial sense.

Maps and More is not fitted in the factory, its fitted at the dealers, but I do not know if it needs special wiring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've run all sorts of cars over the years, Audi, BMW, VW, Vauxhall and Toyota to name but a few and they all have their own charm. Economy, comfort, running cost - take your pick.

I am retired now and do a relatively low annual mileage but the Up attracted me as a solution to my individual needs - low running costs, low depreciation and high comfort level.

My High Up is only two weeks old but I love it. Maps & More is brilliant - all the connectivity you will ever need in one simple package. Economy - at least 55mpg on rural roads. Comfort - I'm 6' 1" and I need to move the seat forward! Style - I've never had so many people look at my car.

I would honestly say that the Up is one of the best if not the best car I've ever owned so that should provide an insight.

If you take the plunge, make sure you order the Sound Pack and the spare wheel. I got a car from the dealer's stock to avoid a factory order which didn't have these fitted.

I'm still delighted with the car though ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts