Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if wheels from early BMW Minis will fit the Up? They are 4 x 100 PCD, but the centre bore seems slightly different. Anyone tried them?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Interesting thought.
I have a set of 16” rims from the face lifted R50 Park Lane edition sitting in my parents garage sans rubber.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone know if wheels from early BMW Minis will fit the Up? They are 4 x 100 PCD, but the centre bore seems slightly different. Anyone tried them?
The centre bore needs machined out a little but nothing that cant be easily and cheaply done.
I am considering a set of these for winter wheels at the moment.

can pick up reasonably cheap, they look half decent and even spotted a few sets with winters included. win, win!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
the mini wheels have the same pcd 4x100 however have a very slightly smaller center bore.
the VW centerbore is 57.1 and the mini uses 56.1mm. the centres will have to be bored out 1mm to fit. can be done with a dremel at home but wont be 100% even, but it will do the job!

you can take the wheels to a local engineering place, they will be able to increase the bore size. will cost about £10 per wheel, just a case of finding a place who will be willing to take on the work. but can be done :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts