Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, did anyone else get bombarded by the sales person when they ordered!!
The sales where i ordered mine from tried it on with all sorts to make my up! be worth more in the future purely for my benefit!!!

Autoglym Life shine £395. Smart protect body repair insurance (Minor smart repairs) £395. Gap Insurance £395.

I saw a recurring theme in the prices £395Hmmm!!! so I declined their offers saying I enjoy washing and waxing and due to the size shouldn't take too long and the lifeshine was a lot for such a small car.

I would doubt that i would use £395 of smart repairs in 3years(hopefully).

The only 1 i told them i would have a deal with was the gap and that i'd pay no more than £100 seeing as though i could get it off the net for aboutthe same.

Just these 3 add ons would have pushed it up by virtually £1200
when i had told them i was trying to do it as low priced as i could.

Just wondered if anyone else bought these?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Trust me Lifeshine is great, but so is the mark up! on it...pardon the pun! I dont think you would be very happy paying for it knowing it only costs the dealer about £75-£90!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I came away and read up about it a bit, quite a mark up, although thats business,also heard horror stories about it not being applied right, leaving swirl marks and bobbly bits!!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Its the same when you buy anything, they try to get you to spend spend spend! It annoys me so much! I was buying a sofa the other day and the guy was trying to sell me some spray protect stuff that costs £100 and also fancy NASA space feet coasters!! I was like "NO!! all I want is a sofa!!"

Luckily my VW man was nice as anything and didn't push anything on me, it was a smooth and easy transaction! Nicest salesman I've ever had!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep I agree about the sales, It is a business afterall and they stopped pushing when i told them what i wanted and that was that, especially when i started telling them i wanted free stuff ha ha! I've also used autoglym for years on my Golf and on a 51 plate she still looks great when I've polished her Up Tornado Red same as the Up! I've ordered! As apposed to the Pink used to be Tornado red 1's you see about, that haven't seen polish in years!!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
For me part of the fun is making it look all shiny and nice! But maybe I am a loooooser for this!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
MarkyMark said:
For me part of the fun is making it look all shiny and nice! But maybe I am a loooooser for this!!!

I'm exactly the same. Plus I hate paying someone to do something I know I could do myself - cleaning my car being 1 of them!

·
Registered
553 Posts
What is this "Life Shine" ?

And is it all its cracked up to be?

Would any other liquid wax do the job! My old man used to swear by Simonize

·
Registered
655 Posts
Its essentially a high end set of polishes and interior treatments that protect the vehicle from all the elements whilst providing a nice gloss. Lots of alternatives are available but Lifeshine is used widely through the motor trade. Google it is the simple answer!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Had the big sell :)) I have always used Mer and have always been happy with results, but is there something better ??

·
Registered
160 Posts
We also got bombarded with the extras - didnt take out the dent/scratch insurance but have taken the GAP and LifeShine. Got a bit of discount off both. We have the Lifeshine on our Fabia and hubby was really pleased with it so he wanted it on our Up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts