Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Just got my new VW Up and some swine has hidden the bonnet release lever! I've frisked all the usual areas where it should be, but it's well hidden. Help.

Other than that, loving my Up. Chopped in my MX5 as it was about to cost me money and thought I'd regret it. No chance - the Up is a lovely nippy cutey.

Chrissie

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Try front passenger footwell. If you mean the bonnet catch its right of centre. To obtain maximum enjoyment of your new car I recommend reading the manual. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm - that'll be the manual I've read which says the bonnet release lever is on the driver's side door jamb then!
thanks for clarifying

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
swaneldo said:
Hmmm - that'll be the manual I've read which says the bonnet release lever is on the driver's side door jamb then!
thanks for clarifying
Sounds like your manual is for a left hand drive car. I suppose someone who has never made a mistake has never made anything!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Clearly the illustration that I added shows a left-hand drive car (left foot rest and rubberised heel section) but Skoda don't allude to this fact in the description because the bonnet lever is to the left when sitting in LHD or RHD vehicles. Here's the full blurb (making allowances for the slightly awkward translation to English from Slovakian(?) that appear in the Citigo owner's manual at times?) and glad to hear that you've located the lever swaneldo. I don't know about VW but Skoda often seem to use LHD cars in PDFs, brochures and handbooks because oviously it's cheaper than having to also produce RHD versions. Apparently VW don't do a PDF version of the VW up! owner's manual so here's a link to the latest(?) one for the Skoda Citigo, if that's true.

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Citigo_NF/11-2013/Manual/Citigo/A00_Citigo_OwnersManual.pdf

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I think there are only two possibilities on a right-hand-car (right or left of the middle) ...

I think the lever will be right (even on right-hand-cars) as the engine bay can't be mirrored - and left would cause two different bonnets to be produced. The lever surely is right, because this is easier for right handed persons ...

The same position as in my Lupo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts