Up Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the picture but does the strut pinch on to the scuttle seal,from the pic. It looks to be pressing on the the rubber seal & when the bonnet closes would it restrict the closure?

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
Thanks for the picture but does the strut pinch on to the scuttle seal,from the pic. It looks to be pressing on the the rubber seal & when the bonnet closes would it restrict the closure?
Yes, it does sit on the bonnet seal, no it doesn't restrict closure of the bonnet because the seal profile is an open O so it compresses very easily.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would say you are looking for a max length of 300mm inc.the end fittings with a 100mm stroke.(inc. in the 300mm.)with a force of 300n.a 6mm thread & a15mm od. Cylinder.Please do not take this as gospel verify with other forum members.I have not yet tried it but will do soon.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Simple you will fit it in less than a minute,but make sure you get the clips with it they should be included.

·
Registered
192 Posts
well this is my car i vent a little step further on the tsi then the old 75hp high
they both had/have stp gold under the oe matt but here i cut the mrk. 7 rubbers to fit the sides off the bonnet just by the headlights

my 18 model year did not have the rubber in the middel like the old so i fitted that to:angel::smile::wink:
the bonnet now shut´s sort a like a golf the stp gold really helps on that point
regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Our my 17 TSI came with the sound pad and the centre rubber but our my19 GTI had neither,until you pointed it out I had not noticed it on the TSI.Thanks for that I suspect it’s vw penny pinching to keep the price down which I suppose you can’t blame them for considering the price but it still niggles a bit.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Neither my 67 plate TSI or my wife's 18 plate TSI came with the soundproofing. I think you got lucky. 68 plate GTI similar. Agree with the cost-cutting rationale.

Our my 17 TSI came with the sound pad and the centre rubber but our my19 GTI had neither,until you pointed it out I had not noticed it on the TSI.Thanks for that I suspect it’s vw penny pinching to keep the price down which I suppose you can’t blame them for considering the price but it still niggles a bit.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts