Up Owners Club banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
How many ounces does the pad weigh?
Probably fewer than a single floor mat or an electric door lock mechanism maybe, or T-Driver's long johns?

Reactions: TEST DRIVER

·
Registered
322 Posts
Having spent most of the 90s stripping headlining, soundproofing and other random bits of interior trim out of hot hatches to improve the PWR I have to say this makes me smile. One of the things I like about the Up is the minimal door cards with exposed paintwork.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having spent most of the 90s stripping headlining, soundproofing and other random bits of interior trim out of hot hatches to improve the PWR I have to say this makes me smile. One of the things I like about the Up is the minimal door cards with exposed paintwork.
Light is might in small cars, I drive around in my underpants, every ounce counts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I just spent 16 hours thinning the glazing on my car with an orbital sander and glass polish. It has taken 3secs off the 0-49.3 mph time.

• Haha
Reactions: Manc lad

·
Registered
27 Posts
How many ounces does the pad weigh?
Probably fewer than a single floor mat or an electric door lock mechanism maybe, or T-Driver's long johns?
By any chance was it you that had a photo on the website of the front of a dark coloured UP engine compartment showing the fitting of the bonnet pad and other rubber and plastic strips to stop dirt getting into the engine compartment? I am trying to get a copy of that image which also had details I think of part numbers. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Chris Campbell.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Remember to drive around with all those lightened windows wound fully down.
It lowers your centre of gravity for more handling optimums.
:)

I do ! And to reduce drag, I have gaffer-taped black bin bags over the window apertures.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts