Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted a black Rearguard bumper protector to my UP yesterday, (also available in silver look, carbon look and brushed alloy look for extra £8.77). Should provide better protection than the piece of VW sticky back plastic that was fitted by the dealer.

Also fitted some sill protectors myself and a pair of battery operated boot lights. Photos included in case any other owners interested.

Rearguard £44.09 = postage: rearguards.co.uk

Sill protectors 4 door £39.95 + postage: lockwoodinternational.co.uk

Boot lights (actually Kamei roofbox interior lights) £17.95 each = postage from: roofbox.co.uk

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks for all those details, Jaws. I have looked at the boot light on the internet but cannot find any reference as to how it gets switched on. Your pic suggests yours is mounted on a vertical surface - so presumably you have to manually switch it On and OFF? Or can it be mounted on a moveable surface (e.g. parcel shelf or the tailgate itself) so that the ON/OFF is automatic. I fear that after 52 years of motoring with boot lid /tailgate operated switches, I would never get to turn if off manually.
Will PM you re your progress with your M&M!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Peter, I have 2 Osram Nightlux motion sensor lights which fix to the metal part of the boot. They are £10.99 on the internet but if you are near a Robert Dyas you will find them for £9.99 and they turn themselves off!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lamps do have to be manually switched on and off by pressing the front of the lens cover but this suits me fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts