Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for my english

The biggest problem for me was that ive got a 3 door version
A 4 doors is more easy cause you dont have to completely pick the door panel of from the door...But it worked!
The switch is in the roof with the other lighting^^ so its completely working automatically.

And I didnt cut any wires! Cause i used a special connecter that i cut halfway and then i put the 2 wires and attached it all together

Lighting for a 42 mm bulb! Because it gives out more light and this one is OEM and completely transparant

The connector for the wiring (original VAG part... The flat piece i cut off and i used the other end for connecting a wire on a existing wire so I didnt had 2 cut in a wire)

The door panel from behind (so you guys know where to pull when you need 2 get it out of the car)

Then... running the wires for the unit. Ive rapped it around the original cables on the chassis

The unit in the side panel

And the end

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well done that looks very tidy

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Very neat.

Did you take the feed from the light at the top of the windscreen?

What colour of wires did you connect to?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it wasnt that hard. It only took a lot of time to do it properly
First pull down the transparant plastic from the light above.
Then pick the screws out (torx 25)
then pick the light unit out of the roof.

Measure the wire (you need at least 4 meters!)

start by the light and pull the wire first from the hole from the light unit. And then pull it till you got it near the windscreen. Later on you can stick it between the roof and the windscreen. Go with the wire and stick it between the A pillar. Stick it between the rubbers and the roof and pull it down near the b pillar. Then attach it on the chassis and pull it down. Rap the wire around the other excisting cables from the car^^ and then your almost finished

1 - 7 of 7 Posts