Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and easy question...

Is it true all up!'s come with no boot light? Even the top of the range High up?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's ok, I'm used to it...

My 2007 Panda didn't have one and my current Audi A2 boot light doesn't work either... Just wondered.

I use those Philips sensor lights that you can stick anywhere, funny thing is they give off more light than a proper boot light anyway

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quick and easy reply no.
They are a waist of space eney way most cars have them and
They don't light the boot.better getting a recharge tube light
Then you can light up the whole car it's also handy if you
Get a puncture etc ,regards phill.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LED battery powered lights with movement sensor work a treat from IKEA. Got two in my boot and come on as soon as boot is opened and go off automatically after a minute or so. Problem solved for a few quid!! Even come complete with 3M tape to attach them.Edited by: reimoboy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can you tell me the reference number for these please? I looked on the IKEA uk website but couldn't find them, thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I think they are not on the website....amazon have the philips ones (similar but also have a dusk to dawn sensor so Don't come on during the day and therefore battery lasts much longer)

look up 'Philips spot on'

·
Registered
37 Posts
No I don't believe they are on the website, I found them in store at Wembley. Cheap, about £4 each if I remember. They may have a code written on them if it helps?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The code would help thanks but I'll check out the Amazon ones that Privatedoc recommended. I have plenty of time to find them as I don't even have my Up! Yet. It's been on order since 24 th June and is due sometime at the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Gary

Got 2 of the orange coloured Philips Spoton lights you linked from Amazon. Delighted with them - they are the perfect solution.

Probably obvious but I initially installed them using the sticky tape until I eventually realized that if you take the back off, the unit attaches by magnet to the metal interior which is much better.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yep they are great. They are such a bright light, one would suffice I'm sure but I bought two in order to light up both sides of the boot and they look kind of neat in matching pairs. Anyway the second one brought me over the spend threshold for free delivery.

When you have two, one comes on ahead of the other (maybe the other light doesn't think its dark any more!), but that doesn't bother me.

Edited by: DesB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts