Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody is interested talking about the subject of interior lighting - I have found it quite annoying that there is no boot light so I have bought the cheap stick on lights like you can put under your cupboardds in your kitchen. I bought 2 (led) 1 for each side of the boot and as they are self adhesive they are very easy to fit. now the boot is floodlit at night and it only cost about £5 to do (Home bargains led lights and batteries as well)!!!

Somebody mentioned this to me either on this site or the equivalent citigo site and what a good idea it was - might be worth you all considering!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fitted a triple LED lamp with motion sensor a few weeks ago. When I say fitted I mean stuck it on the N/S inner wheel arch! Cost me about £6 from Tesco - money well spent.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Same here - good tip!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep mine are stuck on the inner wheelsrches in the boot as well - its really helped (especially with this dark weather)

·
Registered
15 Posts
there there I bet it is nice and cosy in there with your floodlit boot. what exactly have you got in there that is so important to see in the dark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, useful tip. Re uncle chunk's comment, sometimes shopping bags move around in the boot and a few things roll out. It's useful to be able to check you've got everything.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Upmeister said:
Fitted a triple LED lamp with motion sensor a few weeks ago.
That was Jan 2013! is it still a success? If so, which did you buy, please?

Reason for asking is that I bought the OSRAM LED fitting (£9.99) and it was a failure as the batteries lasted a couple of weeks only. After two sets of batteries I investigated. I found that the lights went on every time I used the car at night. Despite parcel shelf being in place, and being fitted exactly where VW now place the factory-fitted unit, it sensed my presence so stayed ON. (However, it works fine in the house as a staircase nightlight. Batteries last 6 months or so).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts