Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just collected our High Up a couple hours ago but notice now at home that the rubber boot liner will not allow the the moveable boot shelf to sit flush on the floor. The rubber mat interferes and looks too wide. Does anyone think VW might have supplied the wrong liner perhaps or is this how it is? 
Thanks

Edited by: tiger885

·
Registered
467 Posts
there are two types of boot liners - for standard and for double boot floor.I have the high up and the boot liner fits only in the top of double boot floor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi There,I have the same liner in mine, its best if you cut it down to size along the side edges, only about an inch or so and then it will slide under the supports for the moveable shelf and is out of the way if you lower the shelf. Its not really made for the higher spec models with the moveable shelf but if you do that it will be fine

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for replying. We've just found out that VW have supplied the wrong liner. Although we specified the part number for the moveable shelf they have supplied the liner for the "Take Up" model.
High Up should be:1S0061160A
Take Up should be:1S0061160

Best regards.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Old thread revival.

We have just a version A for the variable floor. Anyone else got one ?

Ours fits OK(ish) with the boot floor in the upper position, but is useless in the lower position, as it is too wide. I have checked the part number on the liner and it is a Version "A".

Is this just how it is ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are two completely different liners.

I originally ordered one for the shelf, then realised I would probably take the shelf out and use the full boot space all the time. I took the mat back to VW and they swapped it for the larger version that's designed to sit on the boot floor. It was ‚¬5 more expensive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it seems the boot liner for the variableboot shelf is too big when fitted to the base of the boot. The result is a very poor fit but at least you can't see it at night due to there being no boot light!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi
why don't you ask VW - might be easier - if you have to cut/adjust/amend/tweak/bend/shape/mold etc then it is not the correct item for your vehicle - simples

·
Registered
95 Posts
UPANDATEM said:
Hi
why don't you ask VW - might be easier - if you have to cut/adjust/amend/tweak/bend/shape/mold etc then it is not the correct item for your vehicle - simples

Thanks, but forums would be very quiet places if we didn't ask others experiences. Ir is not as if VW have ever made a mistake or had a lack of knowledge is it.....

I have already spoken the parts chap, he had not sold a boot liner before, so was a little in the dark. Hence the question for the collective on here before I had back tomorrow anyway.

Thanks anyway, Simples...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts