Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks a bit flimsy to me.. Does anyone have this and is it any good?

I know there are the rearguard ones which look more substantial but wanted to check first as I'm a bit worried about sticking things to a brand new car myself.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've got one. It was installed by a body shop on behalf of the dealer as he could do a better job of it.

Nothing to get excited about; it's there and I haven't picked up any marks on the rear valance, yet.

Nick

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yep, I've got one of these on the boot lip and both the protectors on the upper and lower door sills.

Have to admit being a bit dubious myself as well, and in fact got mine sent over from Germany -- you could specify the thickness you wanted, and it was cheaper than VW's parts.

Being not very handy, it took me a while to fit, had to be done when it was sufficiently warm to make the protector more pliable. Took me ages but worthwhile.

There are scratches now on the protector (which incidentally is invisible once on). So, guess it's doing the job it was intended to do.

Anyone interested, link follows---

http://www.lackschutzshop.de/folienwahl.php?h_id=26&t_id=417

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ecksile could you post a pic?

Plus does something like this exist for the inner door parts that are "bare"? I ask cuz I will eventually for a reason or another have to put my dogs in the back of the car and they'll lean on there to look out of the window...

Cheers,
James

Edited by: scarja

·
Registered
705 Posts
Run a search on here for Helicopter Tape. It's a 3M product that comes in various widths, but only short lengths.

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Look for paint protection film on eBay. I've fitted it to the bare paint on the top of the doors and it's proved it's worth many times.

·
Registered
202 Posts
PJsDad that brilliant :) don't get it on italian ebay :) Will 3 pieces of 3Mx15CM be enough for rear doors + boot?

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Scarja, I got two pieces of 1200x150 film and this was enough for all four doors (and the one I got wrong). The width is dependant upon how far down the doors you go. I'll try to get some pics. I covered from the window seal to approx 6mm from the plastic trim following the curve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts