Up Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone doing about boot protection ?
I’ve just been to fetch a genuine VW Up! boot mat from my dealer. Was expecting a nice, well fitting rubber mat. Instead, for my hard earned £55, I got something made out of foam; and its too wide and needs to be trimmed/shaped along its short sides. I’m politely taking it back tomorrow 🤦‍♂️😂

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I got the VW foam one thrown in free as part of the deal, on both Gti's, and our previous two Tsi's, and they fit perfect, no trimming required.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It is and it isn't. I have my floor up most of the time and the foam mat is good at protecting the paintwork from scratches when stuff slides about. If I need to carry any bigger items it ends up in the garage or on the backs of the folded seats. I thought they came as standard as both of mine had them from new. Fifty odd quid is a bit much for a bit of styrofoam.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The one they’ve given me doesn’t fit in the upper vario floor position either. Can’t even shut the tailgate 😂😂
Really? They must have supplied the incorrect one as mine is a very good fit.
If it is just longer they may have supplied the South American one by mistake but if it is too big all round then it must be from a different car altogether. I would take that back and show 'em.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Agree as above, might have been a Polo one ? Return it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I only ever carry my shopping bags in the boot for the weekly shop.

I always have the boot floor at the lowest setting and find the shopping bags fit in nicely.

I usually have four bags side by side so they do not roll around. It can be a bit of a strain to lift them out over the lip, even more so if i have bought far too much food, but i always manage.

Why is it when you have bought loads of food and think that will last for longer than a week, it never does. One week later and the cupboards are bare, so its off to the supermarket again. Then again i do like my food but i only eat healthy food. Pies, chips, cakes, curries and Chinese. I even eat an apple once a week!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Well, T-D, you know the old saying - "A curry a day won't keep the undertaker away".
Although, I may have misheard that, being a deaf old git (according to my wife).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update - it was the correct part number for an Up! Parts guy was surprised how generous the fit was. Refunded as a want something a bit more hard wearing. Not planning to carry anything sinister on a regular basis but I thought £55 for a foam inlay was a bit steep.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've got boot liners in both mine, the flexible type that are strapped to the rear headrests with enough spare to drape over the rear sill when loading to prevent scratches, they both zip down the middle so you can split fold as well, not exactly pretty but very effective, Amazon or ebay

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well, T-D, you know the old saying - "A curry a day won't keep the undertaker away".
Although, I may have misheard that, being a deaf old git (according to my wife).

The saying was Curry in a Hurry, but i am never in a hurry to go anywhere.

Er indoors probably said an apple a day keeps the Dentist away or a garlic sandwich a day keeps everyone away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got boot liners in both mine, the flexible type that are strapped to the rear headrests with enough spare to drape over the rear sill when loading to prevent scratches, they both zip down the middle so you can split fold as well, not exactly pretty but very effective, Amazon or ebay
Any chance of a pic of it in the car?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts