Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
spring loaded pins so the tailgate 'pops' open further when using the center remote button I think

·
Registered
72 Posts
Will these be enough to push the boot into the fully open position ?? Good idea by the way

·
Registered
171 Posts
gary02tdi said:
should in theory take the tailgate clear of the catch.
Took me ages after getting my up! to discover that keeping the remote's tailgate button pressed for an extra second after the lights flash pops open the tailgate! It's not mentioned at all in my up!'s manual (Edition 05.2013, p.44), which says to use the remote to unlock, then to press the button on the tailgate to open. The Citigo's 05.2012 manual does say (p.29):
<blockquote>Unlocking the boot lid with the remote control key
""º Press the [tailgate] button in the vehicle key until the boot lid unlatches.
</blockquote>but the distinction between unlocking and unlatching wasn't clear to me initially.

Releasing the remote button re-engages the latch, and often my tailgate hasn't popped far enough to be clear of the latch. (Maybe it depends on what slope the up! is parked on?) So I'd have to keep the remote button pressed while raising the tailgate.

Since the behaviour is intermittent, is it a question just of adjustment of something to ensure the tailgate pops clear of the latch? (Or is it unintentional that the up!'s tailgate ever clears the latch on its own?)

To be honest, since the tailgate button is right under my thumb when lifting the tailgate, it's rarely worth the extra second to remotely unlatch ""“ but it would keep tailgate muck off the thumb

<mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"smart="" buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"start="" playing="" when="" buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"desktop="" notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"loop","only_notify":"Only="" notify","estimated_time":"estimated="" time","global_preferences":"global="" preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"no="" notification="" style="" suped="" on="" your="" browser="" version","video_buffered":"video="" buffered","buffered":"buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"the="" video="" has="" been="" buffered="" as="" requested="" and="" is="" ready="" to="" play.","not_suped":"not="" suped","on":"On","off":"off","click_to_enable_for__site":"click="" enable="" for="" site","desktop_notification_denied":"you="" have="" denied="" permission="" desktop="" site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"error","adblock_interferance_message":"adblock="" or="" similar="" extension="" known="" interfere="" with="" smartvideo.="" please="" add="" adblock="" whitelist.","calculating":"calculating","waiting":"waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"will="" start="" buffering="" initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"will="" initialized","completed":"completed","buffering_stalled":"buffering="" stalled.="" will="" stop.","stopped":"stopped","hr":"hr","min":"min","sec":"sec","any_moment":"any="" moment","popup_donate_to":"donate="" to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopnotification":true,"notification":true,"loglevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidepopup":true,"autoplay":false,"autobuffer":true,"autoplayOnbuffer":true,"autoplayOnbufferpercentage":42,"autoplayOnsmartbuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlynotification":true,"enablefullscreen":true,"savebandwidth":true,"hideannotations":false,"turnoffpagedbuffering":true"="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement =""loadBundle":true" ="relayPrefs" =""loadbundle":true"="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>
Edited by: +2/3 e

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi ,,I hope it works out ok ,looks quite simple,just thinking by changing the struts . Wouldn't it be harder to close . Good luck phill

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I will prob add the poppers but not new struts, just need the boot to open a bit further then you can get your hand under the tailgate to lift it.. don't fancy hitting the button by mistake and having the tailgate come up like a big air-brake mclaren P1 style!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Never thought of that one ,you could call it a knock out .
Edited by: Bossphillip

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Privatedoc said:
spring loaded pins so the tailgate 'pops' open further when using the center remote button I think

Yes thats right DOC!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
vberry33 said:
Will these be enough to push the boot into the fully open position ?? Good idea by the way

Nope just enough past the catch, so you don't have to argue with the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boks1981 said:
It would be awesome if you succeed, following to see the pictures.

Do you have links where to bye parts on ebay?:)

Didny buy them from eBay got them from a dealer. its in the first post i put up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody looked into mounting the struts also?

I can't confirm that it works with the combination mentioned earlier.
I am wondering, as the lid is not as heavy as other cars, maybe it is not neccesary to buy the nuts?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts