Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black special edition ... Love the car ... Picked it up tonight... Few issues though... Rear speakers not working .... Maps and more will not charge ... So the dealer will be getting a call first thing !

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice car, are you sure it has rear speakers though? the Black and White editions just came with front speakers as standard.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? I am sure I read somewhere that they came with 2 rear speakers and am sure there are grilles in the passenger walls?! Ill have another look ... If not ... Then I certainly need some more put in as I do like my tunes!

Am looking forward to driving it this morning though ! Looks so cool sat out on the drive! it's a bit different from the Mini Cooper s I've just sold... But still love it!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Best way to check if it has rear speakers is press the music symbol on the radio and treble pops up, press a couple of times till balance comes then you can choose left or right press again and forward and backward should pop up, if forward and backward doesnt then theres no rear speakers! Im not 100% sure but i think there will be rear speaker grills if speakers are there or not! If you dont have rear speakers theres a brill how to thread on here I'll go find and post it

Rear speaker fittingEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh.... Ok .... I spotted last night that there was no fade option..... I assumed it was faulty..... Do I need vw to do anything or can I just take it to a car stereo place?

Still don't know why the navigon won't work... The car is nearly a year old....so I guess it has been sat around doing nothing.....I drove the car home from vw yesterday - 20 mins charging... And then went out later for about an hour with it charging..after about 30mins it sprang into life for about 5minsand then died...

How long do indeed to drive it around for before it will charge up?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah they all have rear speaker grilles in the panel, even if no speakers.

Definately just fronts in mine, will be looking at upgrading and getting the a pillar trims with tweeters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a White up one of last models in Spain.Have to add I love it even after trading in my fantastic golf for it. My model came with rear speakers so I suppose they were standard as the car has no other extras. It is true check if you have the fade option either on the radio or in maps and more. Regarding the problem with the power to the maps and more be sure that the cradle is connected as I had a few problems with mine . I had to push rather hard on the base of the cradle then the maps and more unit connected. Initially the unit does take a while to load but after the first connection it should be relatively quick in connecting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The local VW dealer is going to take a look tomorrow... I ended up charging the unit it from a USB charger and worked out that the stick thing that connects it to the car does not stay fixed in....works fine if I hold it down...get the rev counter working / radio / blue motion stuff etc...but it soon dislodges and turns itself off... Fingers crossed they can fix it! Have you guys had any issues with your fuel gauge? Mine seems to stay put for ages and then drains down very quickly... Wondered if this is normal? Apart from those couple of niggles..I do love it! Drives so well! Love the boot shelf...really useful for keeping hiking boots/jackets in etc

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ginge said:
The local VW dealer is going to take a look tomorrow... I ended up charging the unit it from a USB charger and worked out that the stick thing that connects it to the car does not stay fixed in....works fine if I hold it down...get the rev counter working / radio / blue motion stuff etc...but it soon dislodges and turns itself off... Fingers crossed they can fix it! Have you guys had any issues with your fuel gauge? Mine seems to stay put for ages and then drains down very quickly... Wondered if this is normal? Apart from those couple of niggles..I do love it! Drives so well! Love the boot shelf...really useful for keeping hiking boots/jackets in etc
When I attach the m&m holder to the dash, I have to press it down into the dash with both hands, I hear a click then I know its locked in, you've probably already tried it but thought it was worth a mention.

Thought the same thing about the fuel gauge! Will have to keep an eye on mileage versus needle movement!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts