Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All,

After looking around for a MK6 Golf to replace our Audi A4, yesterday we purchased an Up haha.

We got a pre-registered Rock Up! from Crewe VW and will be collecting it later on in the week.
Really happy with the deal, even if I did want a 2.0TDi DSG Golf, the up is really funky.
We were unsure at first if we wanted the Rock Up sticker pack applying that comes with the car, however this morning we have called the dealership and asked them to fit it :)

Already looking about for some extra bits, mainly after an arm rest as that's the one thing I missed the most as a passenger on the test drive.
I see there are a few about, including an official SEAT one - just need to make a decision on which to buy.

Also I am looking to see if there is a way to retrofit cruise control as i think I would miss it on the daily commute when I decide to take the Up to work.

I am told the maps and more system does something to do with your MPG too and has a screen showing journey trends etc - how does everyone find this as we currently play games in our A4 to try and get the highest MPG.

Thanks
Chris

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
welcome, yes, the maps and more has a few eco-screens etc ...VW call it 'think blue' and I often play the eco game...my record has been over 80mpg for a 32 mile commute!!!!

armrests...there are lots of wobbly aftermarket things out there...get the seat mii one, its the best imho

cruise....one scandinavian member has retrofitted it if I remember correctly, big job....replacement stalks, programming etc etc ...not sure if there is acutator hardware needing fitted also....thats why I had to buy the 'sensor'pack...really just for the cruise.

welcome to the forum...try the search facility to find the info you need

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Glad its not just me and the Mrs that play the eco game!

With regards to the sensor pack, Am I right in saying this is not a dealer retrofit part? As we have bought a pre-registered car and not a factory order, I assume the dealer cannot add this?

I have just retrofitted new clock (with the DIS display) and cruise control to my VW T5 van, so not scared of programming the cars etc. Might have to see what is involved :)

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
dealers won't do it ...here is the link to previous info

retrofit

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi just reading your post you say you have the Audi A4 lovely car as I have the Audi A4 s line tdi and it returns 50 plus mpg .also got Audi A1 tdi 1.6 Which I have just Px for 2 /5 door up black one and a blue one the reason was my a1audi was only 2 door and with having a granddaughter now I've needed a 5door car the up is bigger inside Moore room less hassle. I think will be same mpg I hope ,well petrol is cheaper than diesel so shouldn't matter much well good luck with your new car happy motoring just one thing the glove box is on eBay it wasn't more than £20 kind regards phill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bossphillip said:
Hi just reading your post you say you have the Audi A4 lovely car as I have the Audi A4 s line tdi and it returns 50 plus mpg .also got Audi A1 tdi 1.6 Which I have just Px for 2 /5 door up black one and a blue one the reason was my a1audi was only 2 door and with having a granddaughter now I've needed a 5door car the up is bigger inside Moore room less hassle. I think will be same mpg I hope ,well petrol is cheaper than diesel so shouldn't matter much well good luck with your new car happy motoring just one thing the glove box is on eBay it wasn't more than £20 kind regards phill

Very interesting choice of cars as we also have an Audi A4 S-Line and an A1 - only difference being our A1 is the 185tfsi.
The A4 is an old bus so thats the one thats going - still returns good MPG but I am hoping the Up is better.

The dealer called yesterday and confirmed they will put the vinyl sticker kit on the car for us ready for collection :)

Just looking at little things now to personalise it!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi you say you have the Audi a1 , well when I went to the dealer ,the Px was with my winter wheels .i purchased just before Christmas ,so my summer wheels will be for sale ,as the car was a limited edition ,I will be putting them for sale on the Audi forum ,this week some time ,I rang the Audi dealer for a price of the wheels, and they quoted £2.300 pound I was a bit shocked, so I will get a descent price for them I hope as they are in as new condition, with new continental tyres ,plus the rubber mats etc ..I am putting my private number plats on my two new Cars ,as it just makes the car Moore yours ,thanks for your post and have a lovely day regards phill

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This week is going so slow knowing that I am picking the car up on Friday.

Even more annoying is knowing that I could collect it today or tomorrow, but my PX car isn't back from travels down south with the Mrs until tomorrow evening!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
chrisash32 said:
This week is going so slow knowing that I am picking the car up on Friday.

Even more annoying is knowing that I could collect it today or tomorrow, but my PX car isn't back from travels down south with the Mrs until tomorrow evening!!

Agony..........but so worth the wait!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Picking mine up in 20 minutes :)

Photos later...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope your collection went well!

Decided to sort the insurance out this afternoon.
Ran a quote through one of the popular comparison websites and almost fell off my chair!!!!

£249!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pay more than that to tax the car I am trading in!! Never mind the extra grand on top to insure it!!!

I was expecting it to be around the same as our Audi A1 which is £900...

Happy Days :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Collection went well, thanks :)

I got quotes around £150 from a comparison site which is considerably less than my current insurer wants to charge me. I'll be voting with my feet in a couple of months...

VW insurance gave me a quote of £339 but then they've always been overpriced...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a good price at £150 - this was the cheapest price for us by far.

Interested to see how the fuel consumption stacks up now - heard a lot of good things about the display on the dash to monitor this.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well I pick mine up Thursday afternoon ,as I have just got back from wales .round trip 280 miles .to get my other audi key ,for the dealer ,,so annoying as that was the deal . But very good part ex price ,,well worth it phill

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hey Chris....ENJOY !.....you will love every minute of it.....get thos pictures posted too! (when you can stop grinning long enough to do so!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a bit sad clearing my Audi out last night and driving to work this morning... 5 years of ownership appears to have caused somesentimental value.
100k of happy miles though and I hope it finds a good new owner to continue many more adventures with.

Really looking forward to getting the Up though - although I doubt I will see much of it once my Mrs gets her hands on it! haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Car had been collected woop!!
Nice drive - very different to my other cars.

Disappointed with the dealer - looks like they forgot we were collecting the car as I was kept waiting over 2 hours and it looks like the vinyl was only going on as I arrived.
Noticed when I got home that the Rock up! Stickers have been missed off and there is loads of muck under the rest of the vinyl.

Quick question though - the car seems to tell me to shift up at really low rpm. Almost sounds like the poor engine is struggling. Is that right? I am not used to a 1.0 3cyl so I don't know. Avg 55mpg on the way home - the car was telling me 20mpg when I got in it at the dealer as it seems they had been running it for 30min. So I was quite pressed to get to 55 from that!

Pictures later on!
Chris

1 - 20 of 39 Posts