Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching in vain for braided brake lines for the UP!, have any of you seen any, or perhaps even bought some? Do you know of a company that makes them?

Why you might be wondering? Because I'm bored and want to mod my car. This happens to be a cheap mod that i can spend some time on, and actually improve something. Thus I would like to hear no comments about why.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Don't want to know why and don't particularly care. Why not google it? Try HEL or CAMSKILL but could be too soon for the Up!Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beevee said:
Don't want to know why and don't particularly care. Why not google it? Try HEL or CAMSKILL but could be too soon for the Up!
"Searching in vain" does, unsurprisingly, include googling, which has turned op nothing so far.I didn't know of either company, not that they had anything, but I did leave HEL a message.

Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gary02tdi said:
Have you upgraded your bulbs?Thats a cheaper option!

Have a wee kooky at linky.......

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=364146

I wouldn't take a change playing around with the brakes??
Its not the speed that kills you its the sudden stop!
bulbs.. oh yes. all of them and much more.

English is not my first language, I believe that excuses me for not knowing what "Have a wee kooky at linky......." means?... :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Don't worry Mulo, I hail from Aberdeen in Scotland and out of context, I wouldn't have had a clue what "Have a wee kooky at linky" meant either!

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Mulo,
every single motorbike I've ever owned I fitted braided hoses to them.
I know exactly why you would want to fit them to your car as well.
I always got them made up at a local bike shop that has some connection to road racing bikes or actually got them made at road race meetings.
I would emphasise getting them made from a place that do this sort of thing all the time, many bike shops will only try to order pre made sets for you rather than actually do the job themselves.
Don't change the grade of brake fluid when you fit the new lines though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts