Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the front discs and pads changed on my July 2012 Up! which I've had from new. I've done 65,338 miles on the original discs and pads. Is this a record? Nine years on and still love the car BTW!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Great longevity on front brakes !

·
Registered
686 Posts
Just had the front discs and pads changed on my July 2012 Up! which I've had from new. I've done 65,338 miles on the original discs and pads. Is this a record? Nine years on and still love the car BTW!!
Did you do it yourself? If not, I reckon you were shafted. Haha, only joking. My wife's discs and pads were both shot after three years and less than 20K. The discs were totally shot, made of cheese, me thinks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The pads are decent but the cast iron discs are a POS. Our Mii has just had it 2nd service and the pads were 10% worn after 10K miles so in theory should be good for another 70K. Discs look fine but I don't expect to get more than 4-5 years out of them. Like most car parts, discs don't last like the used to.

I once had a Merc CLK and never changed front or rear discs/pads in 9 years/90K miles from new. Granted the discs where looking pretty ropey when I sold it but the pads still had some life left in them. Tight Yorkshireman that I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts