Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,My 14 plate Move has now done 1300 miles and i've noticed a fairly loud click bordering on clunk when I press my brake pedal. Not all the time. I hear it at speed when slowing for a round about or in stop start traffic. Anyone else had/have this? I can't remember hearing it from new though. Also, my rear washer nozzle dribbles if I have pulled away quite quickly or been going over speed bumps. It does it even when I've not used either the rear or front washers for a while. Anyone had/has this going on? Aside from that, loving the little thing :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Usually it's the clutch pedal and not the brake pedal that makes noises - I would get it checked by the dealer. As for the dribbling rear washer; not had this myself but it's being discussed at the moment on the Briskoda Citigo forum where a number of people have the same thing. Again, dealer should be able to advise.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why don't you think about taking it back to the dealer, who should have checked the car before it left the showroom.I my self would be asking questions as to why it's happening so soon and on other vehicles.
Its not acceptable.
Why go on this forum when you can go direct to the dealers.
You pay good money, you want good service.
Kind regards Phill

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bossphillip said:
Why go on this forum when you can go direct to the dealers.
You pay good money, you want good service.

It's always worth checking in with the forum to see whether the faults are common and what experiences others have had when going back to the dealer. Forewarned is forearmed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been back to my dealer several times with different issues and all they do is fob you off telling you all the problems are normal things. Given up with them wish I had never brought it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In recent weeks, I too, have noticed that the rear washer jet has begun to leak, in addition to observing a gurgling noise when the air-con is on.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The rear washer on all up!s new and old. Do this because there is no check/stop valve near the washer to stop the water running into the nozzle.
Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so an update on both the rear washer and brake noise. I took the car in yesterday and the service adviser tried to dismiss the dribble from the washer jet as something that a) has always happened, I just didn't notice it for the 1st month of ownership and b) something that probably won't get fixed. From this point I switched off from him and kept firm in my description of it. I went out for a spin with one of the techs, we didn't get off the forecourt before he noticed the click/clunk and agreed it was odd. First thoughts were possible excessive movement of the pads in the carrier but he was going to do a full diagnostic anyway. He couldn't quite believe what the old service adviser had said when I went on to explain the washer fault. The old guy was quite insistent that there was no valve or anything, to which I said my brand new 20k Touran doesn't leak, so didn't I spend enough on my Up! He remained quiet to that. In the afternoon I got a call from another service adviser, the one I should have seen when I dropped my car off. This on was good, and it turns out that a new flow valve is required for the washer jet and my osf brake calliper was faulty and leaking brake fluid! Good job I took it in. All fixed under warranty with no hassle. I went to pick my car up today and the old guy was asking the good adviser what the issue was and was surprised when it was a valve. I said to the old guy I told you I wasn't imagining it. The muppet. But all is good and a great turn around from the VW folks. Fingers crossed it remains fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts