Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now covered 15,100 miles in my UP!

The last 2-3 weeks I am finding thatintermittently the brakes are squeaking.

Has anyone else suffered this

I think I may need to let the dealer look at it

I use the brakes sparingly and have not had to replace any brake parts in my Fiesta even after 60,000 miles where there was still 40% wear left. So I am not expecting much wear after 15,000 miles. Most of my miles are on dual carriageways.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Occasionally get a wee squeak from the rears (drum) but not the fronts....prob just a bit of brake dust, Done a similar mileage to you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replies,

car booked in to have it looked at, but they cant fit me in until 27th March

will let you know how I get on

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I bought my UP! last November and this problem started as soon as I started driving it but then stopped once the weather became cold - the dealer has just replaced the brake discs and pads as the discs were warped (the car's only done 5,000 miles). I hope it's not a recurring problem with this model!

I'd recommend taking it to the dealer to check - mine was worse in the milder weather as the metal warps more. During the freezing weather, the brakes weren't a problem and then two weeks ago, the squeaking and juddering started again as the weather had warmed up.

I absolutely love the car apart from this problem though.

Hope you get it sorted!

·
Registered
525 Posts
LizzieH said:
Hi,

I bought my UP! last November and t<span style="line-height: 1.4;">his problem started as soon as I started driving it but then stopped once the weather became cold - the dealer has just replaced the brake discs and pads as the discs were warped (the car's only done 5,000 miles). I hope it's not a recurring problem with this model! </span>

I'd recommend taking it to the dealer to check - mine was worse in the milder weather as the metal warps more. During the freezing weather, the brakes weren't a problem and then two weeks ago, the squeaking and juddering started again as the weather had warmed up.

I absolutely love the car apart from this problem though.

Hope you get it sorted!
Hi Lizzie and welcome to the forum. Do see the link in my post above. Sounds like you have the exact same problem and as you will see it was caused by a misaligned hub which it took some dedication to diagnose. You may find it helpful to show my post to your technician, though VW should have this logged on their database by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes mine are also squeaking, purchased car in September and only done 1200 miles - doesn't do it all the time though!

·
Registered
189 Posts
My high up occasionally makes noises from the front wheels on cornering and braking, of course, at the first service they could find nothing wrong.All still working though so ok for now. I have noticed that the discs are worn by about 1mm (by feeling a lip on the edge) after 10,000 miles. Hopefully they will last a bit longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts