Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas!

I'm from Brazil, so sorry for my english, some terms are quite hard to translate.

VW Up! was recently released to shake our overpriced market. There's some differences between the European version and the Brazilian: It has option for 4 doors, they made it 6cm bigger in length to "fit" 3 people in the back seat, slightly bigger trunk with metal door to decrease the repair cost in case of an accident, different back window and it goes down, and it's higher because of our poor roads.

The engine is the same as Fox Bluemotion, 1.0 liter, 3 cilinder, 12 valves and 82hp when fueled with ethanol.

It's a pretty nice car and I pretend to get one soon, and that's why I searched for such forum: get inspiration!

No more talking, here are some pictures:

That's it, hope I can get a few comments! Cheers

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think a thread has been posted about the difference in the Brazilian UPs to the European standard spec (which is the norm everywhere else in the world it seems).

I really like the indicator lights on the wing mirrors, and I also like the duel window controls. Not sure about the tailgate, I really like the extended glass, but then again it's designed for the specific market, like you say.

Honestly I think the UP will be a great car in Brazil as it is over here in Britain (and elsewhere). I think if you want one, go for it! Very, very few people on here have been disappointed with theirs. go for it mate!

Also, your English is pretty good, certainly better than my Portuguese.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahah thanks buddy!

I was unable to find such thread.

I also prefer the European tailgate, but it's understandable, the car won as the lower repair cost. If I get one, maybe I'll cover it in black piano vinyl to emulate the effect.

I'm waiting for the 2 door version, which is not available yet. Hope I can open my very own gallery and exchange knowledge soon.

Edited by: jpdiman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts