Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I had a Mk6 Golf GTI which had really yellow standard (i.e. not LED) DRL bulbs. I tried for months to find a whiter alternative in vain.

I was worried my Up! - which I collected last week - would be the same, particularly after reading the comments on here, but they actually seem very white. Not xenon- or LED-white, but perfectly acceptable 'halogen headlight' white.

I just wondered if the manufacturer has uprated the bulbs in the last few months?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I thought they looked bright on my car that I got last month.

I did swap them immediately for Polarg ones and the difference in brightness is extraordinary

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you got the exact reference? Can you find them on eBay?

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's well worth checking to see if they are 'real' Polarg M-13 - P8712W - B1 Hybrid - 12v 21/5w bulbs, singly-packed in a bubble pack and not just two anonymous blue bulbs stuck in a self-seal plastic bag. There are a lot of fakes out there.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good point.....I think many on here don't have the real thing, but they still work.

These are real but you may well need to get them from USA.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Insignia-21-5W-DRL-Bulbs-Authentic-Polarg-M13-WHT-Made-Japan-/121069947019Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks, but I don't like blue bulbs, cos when they're not on (i.e. when the car is parked), I think they make the headlights look 'too modified'.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looks like they are designed to be used for reversing lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts