Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
H&R all the way, PI/G-MAX/JAMEX/PRO-SPORT are ok if you group them altogether and use them as a boat anchor !H&R on our siteusing your -10% forum discount is £109.80 for a set and we keep them on the shelf.
We had them on our Up Black for a few months before the coilovers went on and can vouch for them.
Cheers
www.waterwagens.co.uk

Edited by: waterwagens

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waterwagens said:
H&R all the way, PI/G-MAX/JAMEX/PRO-SPORT are ok if you group them altogether and use them as a boat anchor !H&R on our siteusing your -10% forum discount is £109.80 for a set and we keep them on the shelf.
We had them on our Up Black for a few months before the coilovers went on and can vouch for them.
Cheers
www.waterwagens.co.uk

I know you have a business to run and you are only going to rate products you sell, but not every one has £109.80 to spend on springs, so in that case PI are a good alternative which is the point I was trying to make. Iv had PI springs in the past and they were fine, no problems at all. To say they are only ok if grouped together and used as an anchor is a narrow minded view. Like every thing you get what you pay for and Im sure H&R are a better quality spring, but lets be honest the average modifier wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
To be fair, what's an extra £19 or whatever if you're spending £100 anyway?
Given the job that springs do, I'd be wanting to go with a brand I know I can trust, and for that extra quality and assurance, I don't think it's a lot more money. IMHO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,I have been involved in the modified retail game for 20 years now and seen many manufacturers come and go andat some pointused to sell all those make i mentioned and your correct you do get what you pay for, It's more to do with spring quality and longevity rather than handling on this application, sure H&R have a lot more r&d involved in their product which is why it's usually better but also they use quality materials even down to the ici powder coat.
We used to have problems with those cheapersprings either sagging due to chinese silicone steel or powder coat badly flaking off within the 12 month warranty period, hence why we don't sell cheap components as the saying goes "buy cheap buy twice" and as you pointed out not everybody have a lot of money to spend but when you have to buy 2 sets during the period you have the car which for a lot of people on here will be 3 years then it's a false economy.
I only stock rated products, it's as simple as picking a phone up and giving a supplier my company and vat number to start an account with these companies, it's not that i can't stock low end parts i choose not.

I personally don't think the extra £20 is going to break the bank when the base model costs £8000.00 but maybe i'm out of touch ??
Cheers
www.waterwagens.co.uk

Edited by: waterwagens

·
Registered
58 Posts
We sell Eibach too and sell a lot of the caddy 2k kits but -30mm is not enough of a drop for the uP!,Gunspeed i know you are biased

1 - 9 of 9 Posts