Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Have been looking at posts on here for a while
And thought I would join in! Has any one else
Been given a build week of 29? I ordered mine and the very end I
Of April and was told it would be here beginning of aug and now
They are saying sept!
I'm just too excited, I have ordered a candy white high up with leather look interior and black dash.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi upidge and welcome to the forum. Congrats on choosing the up! Hopefully the time will fly by, although to be fair, I feel like I've been waiting forever. Ordered mine on 23rd March and finally picking him up tomorrow YAY.

You'll have lots of fun with us during the wait though, happy posting

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You seem to have ordered a couple of weeks earlier than me but been given a build date of a week later...??

Perhaps your salesman is erring on the side of caution.

Ps welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I hope he is being careful on the delivery date!
I was going to sell my car that I have now but I think I may
Hold on abit longer! Clowesa your so lucky what model and colour have you gone for?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the colour! My parents are waiting to see mine and then they will probably order a blue one.
I've never had a vw before so I'm really excited!! How come you couldn't take it on Friday?
It must be worse knowing that it's sitting there and you can't drive it yet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! The car you've ordered sounds great.I think it's worth knowing though that if there is any flexibility in what you want then the dealer might be able to get you a car more quickly by liasing with other dealers who might, for example, have cancellations. This also applies if you have a pretty standard spec. I have to say that my dealer never offered to even try to get me a car this way and the last time we spoke he said they were telling new orders they'd have to wait until December!! As it happens I preferred to wait for exactly what I wanted, but I know that another customer ordered 3 days before me and picked up his car this week - mine is only being built next week! Hope your car comes quickly

·
Registered
956 Posts
Upidge said:
I love the colour! My parents are waiting to see mine and then they will probably order a blue one.
I've never had a vw before so I'm really excited!! How come you couldn't take it on Friday?
It must be worse knowing that it's sitting there and you can't drive it yet.

Thanks upidge. He only arrived at the dealer on Thursday so they still needed to check him over and valet him, I just had to go in and sign some stuff for the registration. You're right though, it was very difficult to give the key back to the salesman and even worse when I watched him drive MY car round to their garage. Ah well, this time tomorrow

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks yapmaul, the salesperson never told me that but I'm with you on that one
I would rather have exactly what I wanted and wait a little bit longer but I didn't expect to have to wait this long!
They haven't confirmed the build date yet but the system says 29, the guy said it could come forward or go back.

Clowesa I know how u feel I found it difficult getting out of the car on the test drive!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Upidge said:
Thanks yapmaul, the salesperson never told me that but I'm with you on that one
I would rather have exactly what I wanted and wait a little bit longer but I didn't expect to have to wait this long!
They haven't confirmed the build date yet but the system says 29, the guy said it could come forward or go back.

Clowesa I know how u feel I found it difficult getting out of the car on the test drive!!

I have to agree with you and yapmaul. Better to wait for exactly what you want than compromise and perhaps regret the decision.

Just think of the wait as half as long as the time between dental checkups, and we all know how quickly they come round don't we

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey clowesa, how did you know I have my dentist checkup tomorrow?! Must have been just after the last one that I ordered the car. Bv

·
Registered
956 Posts
yapmaul said:
Hey clowesa, how did you know I have my dentist checkup tomorrow?! Must have been just after the last one that I ordered the car. Bv

I must by psychic. Don't envy you though,I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out with pliers than visit the dentist

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Upidge I was told it would be a 12 week wait from order, it turns out it will be 8 weeks and 2 days, I'm collecting on Wednesday

Welcome to the forum, don't be shy and get involved.

All I will say is that it's like every other forum and seems to have its trolls. Be wary of posters who join and post nothing but negative comments. That said, they are few and far between.

Enjoy the wait
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi bugbabe34 thank you very much. I was told 16 weeks when I ordered it, but if what the salesperson
Says is true it will be 18-19 weeks. It seems from what people are saying in the forum some are getting their cars a lot quicker than others! It's worth the wait but I'm just too excited!
Its brilliant reading post from people that already have their cars as It gives me a heads up on some things
What model have you ordered?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
An Up! black with leatherette seats and a panoramic sunroof. Collecting at 3pm on Wednesday. Already picked a lovely spot close by for photos
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I look forward to seeing pictures of it... Especially in interior as that's what I have gone for.
I thought about the panaromIc sunroof but none of the garages near were I live had one.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I ordered it blind having not seen it in the flesh.

Heres hoping that the seats are worth the money

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Leatherette seats are really nice, ...very high quality....think Mercedes Artico rather than rover vinyl !The demo I drove had them but my son, who is going to own the car ultimately preferred cloth. Actually I think it was the striped pattern he likedEdited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The main reason I picked them is because I have cats and no matter how much I defluff, fluff always ends up on the car seat. At least this way it will all end up on the floor

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a good point I have 2 white cats and my current car interior is covered in cat hair! I did like the cloth but because I have gone for a candy white I liked the white line around the edge of the seats... I know it sounds silly but I like the little details.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts