Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just got the build week for our High Up! ordered 28.05.12 which is W28.

The dealer is stating 2 weeks for delivery from build week.

Does this ring true?

Cheers

·
Registered
956 Posts
Depends on how quickly they get on a boat after reaching Emden and whether there's a transporter available once they arrive over here. It's a bit of a lottery to be honest but seems to be 2-4 weeks generally.

I do know that some of the week 20ers are picking their cars up this week though so that's just about 2 weeks after build week.

Mine was build week 21 (which was last week) and I know its left the factory but that's all. I'm hoping to hear something next week, although the bank holiday may put it back a few days.

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes it seems it can be from 2 weeks upto 4 weeks after, if your dealer is on the ball enough, and things like bank holidays dont get in the way they should be able to get it around the 2 week mark.

·
Registered
14 Posts
VWXYZ said:

You ordered the car on the 28th and had a build date 2 days later on the 30th when you posted this thread?

I ordered in mid-April and still haven't got a build date!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Surfr said:
VWXYZ said:

You ordered the car on the 28th and had a build date 2 days later on the 30th when you posted this thread?

I ordered in mid-April and still haven't got a build date!
I think it is a typo, I have just looked back at VWXYZ's posts and it should be 28/04/12 which makes sense.

If you ordered yours mid April you should have a build date by now, give them a ring and ask them to chase it up, I orderd mine 28th April and was issued with a build date 2 weeks ago (Week 25)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I ordered 12/5/12 and just been told wk 28 too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi new to this page and all, but if my car was shipped September 12th 2017, is it likely I'll receive my vehicle at the local deal for the end of September. Or is this to optimistic?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Possible, but optimistic I would suggest.

My Up! left the factory on 25/08 and was shipped the following week. The 4 week eta is about right, my car is with the dealer now.

The wait is a killer isn't it...

Laurencejaxks15 said:
Hi new to this page and all, but if my car was shipped September 12th 2017, is it likely I'll receive my vehicle at the local deal for the end of September. Or is this to optimistic?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The VW vehicle tracker said it would take an average of 3 weeks to arrive in the uk but if his is the case I'll be on holiday so I'll have to wait even longer ˜©˜©

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thats about right, the next stage is 7 days average to get to the dealer; mine was exactly that. Add in the PDI etc... and the 4 weeks is spot on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts