Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some silly woman ran into the back of Freya today in traffic, messing about in her car and didn't stop in time. fortunately no major damage but the bumper is scuffed. to add insult the woman drove off! Fortunately Freya was on the ball and took the reg so she'll be getting a visit from the police.If only she was driving an up with CityStop eh!

IMG_0401 by Ashy_87, on Flickr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fortunately have a mate with a body shop so no big issue, just frustrating. was thinking about having the lower valance inset painted gloss black at the same time too.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As long as it would be reasonable to argue that it should have been noticed then yes, it's an offence of 'leaving the scene'
A lot of modern bumpers and bodywork can show very little damage yet the crash can be quite severe.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
some plonker did that to me a few years ago, got his number and went to plod....seems he was not insured, had no licence and was wanted for a bail offence.....book thrown at him quite rightly whereas if he had stopped, I'd probably not have taken any details as there was only a light scuff on my back bumper which polished out!.......RESULT!

Hope freya gets better soon!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bump...

BUT just to prove all is not too bad out on the roads!

My son was over in Leeds visiting his on/off girlfriend the other week and had his less than a year old Polo bumped! scuffing the headlight and front bumper.
The damage was discovered as my son returned to his car and found a note under the wiper! UN-fortunately it had been raining very hard and the not dropped in bits!
Fortunately the remaining bit had a mobile phone number on it!
When he rang the number a lady with a non UK accent could not apologise enough and insisted she would pay for all repairs to any damage as she had to rush off after the bump!
Anyway estimates were obtained and money collected and car is due in for repairs shortly!
RESULT!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Restores your faith in humankind.....I heard a tale once of a note and bump and the note said "I'm only writing this coz people are watching". No number or anything else!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
it sucks that has happened to freya!

there are some nice people out there, my brother had this guy right off his car and not only did he take full responsability, he made sure that the insurance paid out the full worth of my brothers car and also gave him the money for the MOT he'd just had done on it that day and the full tank of petrol too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts