Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a trip to castlepoint today and someone had hit the front bumper taking paint off and twisting it slightly.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Grrrr. How completely annoying. A good example of something we all hope won't happen to us. Keep us updated with the repair process.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh no, i would be so sad. I'm guessing they didn't leave their insurance details?

This is why I take the trusted Lupo when I go shopping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did but he wasn't very nice. Im so upset as only had it a month. Now not as exciting

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would be so apologetic if I did that to someone else's car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Some people are just tool's,blatantlythere fault but refuse t admit liability or some are just angry at what they have done and looking for someone else to blame. Hope you get it sorted soon, looks like a new bumper and respray if the twist does not come out when the bumper comes off. Bit only a couple of days work in the bodyshop. I would be gutted too and takes the shine off your new car

The real pain is dealing with the insurance companies...

Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep and it will probably effect my renewal next month. Not needed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont know if I should try opening the bonnett. And the gaps are uneven

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh no, sad to see that. I hate Castlepoint, its just a badly laid out place.
Hope you get it sorted, I know how bad getting a new car damaged makes you feel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So sorry to hear (and see) the damge. How annoying!....especially on a car so new.There is a super repair guy in Winton if you want one, really cheap. I hit a pillar in a multistory in my Yaris and he did a superb job, dirt cheap. I have sent a few people to him and they have all been overjoyed with his work. If you need him just let me know.

·
Registered
215 Posts
oh no !! sorry to hear this ... i went to morrisons this morning with other half, we found a good spot and he helped me park up tight so to give room on drivers side ( other side by trolley store ) but when we came back there was a people carrier parked like a right **** on an angle ...i thought NO!! , he was still in the car , A TAXI and its DRIVERno less humph
....told him to move so i could get out told him a afew choice sentences and i said if you damage it whilst reversing out ive got his reg and taxi number ......they dont give a hoot do they ....hope you get it sorted soon xx

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me too. got to await claims people to ring and look at it. I missed an idiot tue other day looking to cause an accident. Hope it doesn't take long to fix.
Thanks davey22 ill keep that in mind.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Depending on your insurance conditions you may lose your 'no claims' and your premium might be affected.....so it may be worth checking....and perhaps not going through the insurance....suggest you get a quote from this guy in Winton...... He is so reasonable......You have nothing to lose!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was a chip out of his rear bumper. And he was not nice so ill see how it goes. I will see what they say tomorrow

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I might be wrong, but wouldn't it be them that had to claim on their insurance to cover yours, so it shouldn't really affect you or your renewal in any way.
Sad to here still dude, best of luck with it

·
Registered
47 Posts
You would think that but if you've had anything to do with Insurance companies you can't tell. It depends on so many things.....what the other driver says and alsoHis/Her insurance company. Alsoif the car was parked without occupant, if there were any witnesses . Sometimes no matter what is truth, the innocent party ends up paying a higher premium or losing their no claims. Sad to say things are not always what they appear and insurance companies will often wriggle out of paying if they can. A lot depends on what the other driver tells his insurance company. If he is reasonable, you should be OK after all the hassle, repair etc.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update so far.

The other driver is not admitting liability but also not putting in a claim for repairs. Still waiting for further info. Also got injury claims people on phone all the time.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just let the pain go away.

I was driving my daughter's car, and a wall fell on it. She lost her no claims and we never got a penny from the owners of the wall.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Miaup said:
Update so far.

The other driver is not admitting liability but also not putting in a claim for repairs. Still waiting for further info. Also got injury claims people on phone all the time.
I got the impression that you were stationary at the time of impact?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts