Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all newbies to the forum, welcome, come in and have a good look around as there is a wealth of information on here to look through.

But please don't drag topics up from 5 years ago expecting people to reply back or even see your replies. If you have an issue or wish to ask about something then please find the relevant section start a new thread and if you need to then post a link or grab a quote from the old thread you have spotted like below. You'll probably get more replies that way as well.

Hate to bump but I keep seeing loads of new people bumping posts from 1+ year ago and there's not really much to say, which is why it's been left alone for years in the first place, I am not a mod but, if possible, please check the date of the last reply before posting, makes life nicer for us all I think :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Why duplicate requests with a new post if the same topic is discussed in an old one?
Sure the OP may still not be around but it will bring the topic to the eyes of current users who may then have something of use to add.

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you duplicate a previous post with a new post, no matter how old the post, on some other forums, in particular the Vauxhall Mokka forum, it is deemed a capital offence for which you are seriously chastised by the moderators and many of the stuffy old farts who populate that said forum. Favourite topics on that forum being, 'Spot the Mokka' and 'What is your one called'!!!! Seriously sad place to visit.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why duplicate requests with a new post if the same topic is discussed in an old one?
Sure the OP may still not be around but it will bring the topic to the eyes of current users who may then have something of use to add.
If someone is asking a question relevant to that post and have the exact same issue then there is some value in replying to the original post. But times move on and tech/spec changes very quickly so what might have been relevant in 2015 might not be relevant now. To my eyes you're better starting your own post, refer back to that one you've found and i'm sure nobody will chastise you for posting about something that came up 5 years ago.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Internet forums are full of questions without answer. That's why it is better continue existing topic than start new every time. "Tech/spec changes" yes but not very quickly. And someone may drive those older models too. So go ahead and keep writing those old topics. Nothing wrong with it. It helps many.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If your question or topic has already been answered or discussed surely it's pointless to start a new thread?

Newbies should be encouraged to search the site to avoid unnecessary repeat posts.

Most of the issues and topics have been answered by previous and current owners for the benefit of new owners.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Look.... all you have to do to find your answer to anything is PM Llandudnoboy . He knows everything lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts