Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi massage board:)
I drove yesterday with my Citigo 75hp ASG from a city that is a sea level to a town 150km away that is at 800m over sea level.
In the way there was two major climbs, in them I drove in 2nd and 3rd gear and most of the work the gear box did automatically without me interfere.
When I got to my final destination (which is directly after a major climb) I smell burned something from the car, like rubber I think. I didn't use the brakes so much so it's not them but maybe it from the ASG clutch? I really don't know.
After 1 km drive in the city the small was gone.
The car is new and for now It did just 1070km.

Is it normal? What could it be? Should I need to go the garage to check it?
Car is working perfectly with no problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I suspect it is the clutch and I hope sincerely that VW has a learnt a lesson from Toyota Aygo (and its MMT gear box, which is same as ASG) to never use a smaller clutch plate. Newer Aygos have a 190mm clutch plate compared to the earlier less successful 180 mm clutch. I have noticed that smell once in my Aygo MMT when I was thrashing it in the high way. It disappeared after reducing the speed. After that it has run fine.

·
Registered
851 Posts
A number of people on the forum have reported smelling their clutch. I smelt mine the other day whilst reversing and tightly turning onto my drive. It's not great and doesn't bode well for clutch longevity. However, I do a low mileage and the car will be gone in 3 years so I won't be taking the issue any further.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yep clutch, mine has smelt at times when I have had to pull off the stoned area on my drive. Clutch isobviously very light and prone toslippageunder a heavier load.

·
Registered
851 Posts
barryG said:
Mine had this smell for about 400 miles, its now gone completely. I wonder if its something bedding in?
My car has a very low mileage - only about 500 on the clock - so will wait to see if the smell completely disappears on mine as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts