Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a handful of apparently brand-new, unregistered Maps & More packs for sale on eBay (German eBay, in particular). Are these units just plug & play, or does the car have to be prewired for them to work?

·
Registered
226 Posts
If the maps and more weren't specified, there won't be the necessary wiring needed for the unit. You could always try adding it yourself...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Those will probably be the ones that went 'missing' from the cars somewhere between the factory and the dealership, before they changed to the dealer ordering them in seperately, so very possibly dodgy!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm sure there is a thread somewhere of an after market fit of maps and more, it looked quite an ordeal for what you get at the end of it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. If it were better integrated into the dash, I would have ordered it, but the idea of having to plug and unplug it (nearly) every time I park the car puts me off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All UP's are wired for M&M even the basic models that have no aperture in on the dash top for mounting. There are details on this site explaining how to modify the dash top and what is necessary to complete the installation. My partner has a basic SEAT Mii and my M&M works as normal when used in the SEAT.

·
Registered
226 Posts
GETULLIE said:
All UP's are wired for M&M even the basic models that have no aperture in on the dash top for mounting. There are details on this site explaining how to modify the dash top and what is necessary to complete the installation.
I thought there wasn't the required wiring or hole? Why put in the wiring but no hole? If you don't order the speaker pack you don't get any extra wiring.Edited by: skyhigh

·
Registered
430 Posts
UpMan said:
Ok thanks. If it were better integrated into the dash, I would have ordered it, but the idea of having to plug and unplug it (nearly) every time I park the car puts me off.
Yes that's why I did without it, just looks odd sat there too when it could have been easily integrated into the dash...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts