Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help? We’re just in the process of possibly purchasing a Groove.. which says nav/Bluetooth fitted but the unit is missing.

Can I simply buy a garmin off eBay? Any thing to look out for?

Also, does Bluetooth only work with these units present or can I connect to the stereo without it

thanks in advance
Russell

·
Registered
598 Posts
I personally would use a TOM TOM or Garmin similar sat/nav, to the utterly useless Maps & More software.
The original Garmin unit used in the earlier Up models, is an expendive second hand purchase on eBay.

I contemplated buying one to fit in my Move Up, but the cheapest one I could find was quite a bit more expensive than the Tom Tom Go I eventually purchased and occasionally use.

For the size of company that VW is, their Maps & More software is very poor.

I downloaded the large Uk mapping to my phone, and was shocked to see how poor the quality the graphics are.

If it's just the Sat/Nav your after, invest in a decent Tom Tom or cheaper Garmin, as the original VW supplied unit, is not worth getting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've used the Garmin Maps and More Unit for 3 years. It does the job, no sucker mounting or power lead to worry about, offers hands free phone and trip computer display. Is it worth the price they are going for second hand on ebay? Well ebay reflects supply and demand so for those who do buy it must be worth it, but I think if I had to pay £120 for a second hand unit I would look at a mount for my phone or a non VW satnav. One drawback with the Garmin Maps and More is I think they will stop issuing map updates soon (if they haven't already).

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
As above if you can live without it i would. The support has also stopped for it now i believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys..

Missed out on the Groove and ended up buying a Rock up! that came with the unit..

Thanks again
Russell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts