Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get the last up! allocated to my dealer for June delivery......would have been Sept/Oct otherwise!Gone for a High up! in white with the sensor and speaker packs and will replace my two-year-old white Polo SE, so it has a lot to live up to

Just been trying to remember my VW tally over the years - 7 Polos, 1 Golf, 4 Passats, 2 Jettas (plus a Fabia and various Audis) - most were s/h, about 5 were new, but the up! is the first I've had to wait for and been able to add to the spec......roll on June.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Omg we're totally in the same boat, I'm trading in my flash red 2011 Polo SE for my Up too :) people think I'm crazy downgrading in size but the Polo just doesn't have the spec I wanted for the price! It's a great car, just wanted a few extra bits and bobs and better MPG.

Glad you went for a white Up, they are the best looking ;D June won't come sooner for you I bet :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually will still be able to enjoy Polo driving too - my wife has a six-month old grey Match

Where did you order yours from......Barnetts Dundee like me?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Last year I was a little ticked off, we were basically told the SE was the only car we could get ..... 2 weeks later I saw the Match and was furious we didnt get offered one of them!

Yup :) It'll be good to see another Up driving about town, I've only seen ONE on the road and that was just outside Barnetts! Who are you dealing with? I have Ollie, best salesman I've ever had!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I originally wanted to buy a Polo but, to get the specification I liked, the car was going to cost14 - 15k (I wanted to buy the 1.2 100 bhp polo but it only comes in SEL trim).

When I thought about it, the Up! seemed to make more sense financially - I don't really need the performance of the 1.2 either. I can't wait for the Up! to, er, turn up.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah my mother in law deals with Scott, they are all very nice in there :D

luckyjimmy said:
I originally wanted to buy a Polo but, to get the specification I liked, the car was going to cost14 - 15k (I wanted to buy the 1.2 100 bhp polo but it only comes in SEL trim).

When I thought about it, the Up! seemed to make more sense financially - I don't really need the performance of the 1.2 either. I can't wait for the Up! to, er, turn up.

At the time I got my Polo the Fox was still available, I was told that it was getting replaced but didn't think anything of it. The Polo 1.2 60bhp is actually the worst engine I've ever driven, its slow, its very uneconomical and it sounds like a diesel haha. I would have loved to get the SEL 1.2 tdi but it was stupid money with all the bits and bobs I wanted. The Polo is a really good looking car, and I will miss him! But the Up has that something special that will give me a wee smile everytime I get in it :D Plus the fact its cheaper to run, insure, to tax ...... the list goes on

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
mine will be bye bye polo hello up too, however unlike you guys, mine is a 12 year old polo! i also looked into getting a new polo, but like you all say to get a good spec it would have cost loads more, and the up makes much more sence!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have only see one Up! outside of the dealership and that was just outside - it belongs to a Barnetts employee. Mind you it was the same two years ago when I got my Polo - hardly any on the road compared to now when there seems to be loads about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts