Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I've had my Up! for six months and love it, but I wanted to change the fascia from black to white as I didn't have a choice when I bought the car. So I wanted to know if the fascia is easily changeable and if so does anyone know where I could buy one?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
easily....NO....possible.....yes!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Might be difficult. VW only allow different colour dash facia on the High Up and even thenwith only certain colour combinations. I suspect that VW might not allow any changes to
a car already built - whether it can be done separately is a bit unlikely but I guess possible.

I am just about to collect a Dark Blue High Up with a White dash. I have never seen this combination
so am slightly nervous - but do like the look of the white dash in the Up! White.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I love the shiny black dash i specified with my move up but it shows the dust terribly which has taken the shine off - to use a cliche. Luckily, i have ordered an upgrade up and have specified the silver dash. I would hope that the white dash doesn't show the dust as badly as the black one - although it may show scuffs more readily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the white dash is more matt - less shiny than the black one.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
up! white has a high gloss dash to mach the paint, only the radio/hvac panel is gloss black.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes - sorry - you're right it is a gloss White dash on the Up! White. What I am not 100%sure about is whether the optional High Up! pure white dash is exactly the same as the Up! White dash.
I'll find out for sure when I collect my new one on Friday.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
No worries, at least the white one doesn't show the dust !

·
Registered
309 Posts
Any tips on cleaning the high gloss dash to avoid scratching?

Was thinking a microfibre cloth & water?

I've not yet cleaned mine

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I just use one of those static-attracting dusters, Think it is called a swiffer (stolen from Mrs Privatedoc's utility room! )

·
Registered
467 Posts
Privatedoc, I guess that's the best cleaning tool for dash, because even a soft tissue will left minor scratches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts