Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 3 door Up last Thursday (I'd ordered a 5 door but that's a whole other story!). I drove straight from the dealer to have my alloys fitted. Next job is to wrap the roof in black gloss and then possibly go for lowering springs. Hugely impressed with the car so far

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks good on those wheels. I've got an identical Take Up on the standard wheels, it's my wife's car and I am trying to find a justification for sticking some nice alloys on it. I'll try showing her these pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ecksile said:
Glad you like the car. But ooooohhh, we do like a good story.

So come on then, how did you end up with a 3 door?

Well I ordered a 5 door back in Jan, got a call last week to say it had arrived. Went to collect, signed up all the paperwork then they took me outside and said 'this is your car' and I said 'er, no its not, I ordered a 5 door and thats only got 3!' cue ashen faced salesman!!

They were very lucky because after ordering the 5 door I'd had regrets and wished I'd gone for the 3 door..........so after 10 minutes thinking about it I decided to stick with it. Just as well for the dealership otherwise they had a pre-registered 'used' car without the attractive finance options on it. Fair to say the salesman was pretty relieved!! I'm glad now that he made the mistake!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allybasher said:
Looks good on those wheels. I've got an identical Take Up on the standard wheels, it's my wife's car and I am trying to find a justification for sticking some nice alloys on it. I'll try showing her these pictures.

Here's a comparison with/without the alloys. Or should I say, there is no comparison - hope this helps!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ooooo I'd of liked the look on the dealers face lol! Those wheels are really nice! I wouldn't let the missus any where near it if I had those lol

What have you done with the standard steelies?
Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The alloy wheel place wrapped up my steelies in some cellophane and they are in my loft!! I'll probably put them on for next winter and run the alloys for summer.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Thanks, that looks ace. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are TSW Galvez with 195/40/17 tyres. Got them from Wheelbase near Oldham.

·
Registered
462 Posts
7up said:
They are TSW Galvez with 195/40/17 tyres. Got them from Wheelbase near Oldham.
We nearly bought them was between them and momo wheels but got offered a deal on OZ Ultraleggra, so got them instead but I do like the TSW Still

Enjoy them just keep away from the kerbs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shakotanVIP said:
What's the stats on those wheels? Width/offset

They are 7J width, I think the offset is 35 but not sure. They sit just about in line with the wheel arch.

Agree it needs a drop, 35mm is as far as I'll go.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
7up said:
shakotanVIP said:
What's the stats on those wheels? Width/offset

They are 7J width, I think the offset is 35 but not sure. They sit just about in line with the wheel arch.

Agree it needs a drop, 35mm is as far as I'll go.

They are 7" in width, the J has nothing to do with how wide they are, it defines the tyre bead seat profile.

Just a little bugbear of mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts