Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Netherlands!

I'm visiting this forum for already 4 months, but never took te effort to register, till today!

I have a 2 months old Candy White 5d High! Up on 17'' rims for the summer period. In the winter I use the 15'' standard Spoke rimms with Continental winter tires. It has lots of options like leatherlook heated seats, climatic, Up! logo in the steering wheel, polo 6r antenna and of course the Maps & More feature.

Because i didn't like the sweet outside of the car, I wrapped the roof, the rear diffusor and behind the vw logo of the front for a more sporty look.

Next to that I created an easy sollution for the boot. I used a Philips spot-on for a bit of light and cord for sunglasses to keep the boot cover up.

I also fitted a small chrome strip in the outside mirrors and did a small mod on the headlights with PIAA T20 daylights and Osram Nightbrakers

I hope to have a nice time on this great forum and I appologize for my English, i do my best!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Cool mods. Really like the badge and rear diffuser.

Also the mirror chrome strip looks cool.

Welcome to the forum.Edited by: Grant25

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Ian986 said:
Looks really nice what wheels are they? How does the car drive on the 17's compared to the 15's wheels
Platin P66 rims

Youtube

Klik

At this moment the Up! is still in summermodus. Next week the winter tires are fitted.

Edited by: Mikester

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnx!

The chrome strips are from a local carsupply dealer, 3mm wide.

The tires are Hankook Ventus Evo 195/40/17

Edited by: Mikester

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looks really good especially the wheels which really enhance the look of the vehicle particularly as it stands out as it is white

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Great work. I really like those rims!
I have some questions for you
  1. Does it feel harder (like not so soft) to drive compared to the winter wheels?
  2. How is the fuel consumption compared to the winter wheels?
  3. From where did you get the VW logos in the center of the wheels?
  4. Have you lowered the car? Could you please upload a photo from the side?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like that you've added strings on the hatch to lift up the parcel shelf. Does it drop it back down when you close the hatch, or do you still have to push it down yourself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrkite said:
Hi,
Great work. I really like those rims!
I have some questions for you
  1. Does it feel harder (like not so soft) to drive compared to the winter wheels?
  2. How is the fuel consumption compared to the winter wheels?
  3. From where did you get the VW logos in the center of the wheels?
  4. Have you lowered the car? Could you please upload a photo from the side?
1. Yes a little harder because of the stiffness of the 17'' tires. But absolutely not hars or so.
2. the same. 1 liter on 20 kilometers. Summertires are only 1 cm wider than the wintertires.
3. I ordered them on a dutch website. 60 mm vw caps will fit these rims. So not the 56 mm stock vw caps.
4. I Havent lowered the car. The car is a bluemotion version with 1.5 cm lowered suspension right from the assembly line

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mash85 said:
I like that you've added strings on the hatch to lift up the parcel shelf. Does it drop it back down when you close the hatch, or do you still have to push it down yourself?
It does drop back in the original position. It is important to cut the strings at exactly the right length in order to let it drop back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks in a million!Do you have any problems with the rims being uneven or unbalanced?

I might very soon be the copy cat to buy those rims. They look **** good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your welcome!

The rims & tires are professionally balanced, so no unbalance or anything. Just put it under your car and have fun

1 - 17 of 17 Posts