Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my new car :)

I ordered it last Monday and was able to pick it up yesterday... thats a pretty good turnaround!!

I need to get maps and more retrofitted, i found a place that will do it... not confident enough to do it on my own!

I was thinking some subtle tints for the back, not too dark, maybe side skirts as well and perhaps lowering it just a tad...

What do you think?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Are they the waffle wheels? I love those!! I got light blue with tinted windows looks fab! All I want to do now is lower it!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nick-Nack said:
wanting to tint mine, how much is it roughly for the rear and 2 sides?
Someone recently posted that it cost him £70 for back and sides (£40 back and £30 total for both sides).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itzben said:
Are they the waffle wheels? I love those!! I got light blue with tinted windows looks fab! All I want to do now is lower it!

They are the Waffle wheels yes, they're pretty good. I wish you could get bigger ones on the Move Up as a factory fit.

I love the light blue, can't believe they don't do it anymore, have you uploaded any pics? would love to see it!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nick-Nack said:
wanting to tint mine, how much is it roughly for the rear and 2 sides?
I was quoted £120 but went somewhere else and think I paid £80 or £100 cant rememeber lol

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, ye I uploaded a few not sure what topic they are under lol maybe its time to upload more after my next wash and latest purchase of wind deflectors lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Dave,

Lowering the up! is a matter of taste ...
I wouldn't lower the up! - but it's a matter of taste ...

The Waffle alloys look great!

I have Spoke alloys on my high up! (which I would have payed extra for). I think the 15" look best as the radius of alloys, wheels and bodywork of the up! look/suit perfect. They have the same centre ...

One reason for buying my 5 door up! was because I wanted to see what happens in the back (when turning round). Preferences are differnent - like taste ...

Ask yourself what makes you happy ...
Not only for a moment but surely for a long time.
That's how I configured my high up! (which is a VERY rare combination) ...

Don't know how much the retrofit of the M&M will cost - but I'm sure it is worth the money!

You will love it and won't want to miss it. A real up!grade!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hello Cadfael!

Your High Up is beautiful!!! looks really great, love the wheels!

I'm getting M&M fitted tomorrow... I found a place that will do it for me, I hope they don't make a mess of my dash... I will keep everyone posted!

I'm getting some really light tints on Wednesday too.

I think i'm going to hold fire on lowering...

I've not seen the side skirts in situ, so i'm not sure what they would look like, also, it might be a bit odd when the sides appear lower than the back and front.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from having maps and more retrofitted...

I think the guys doing the job made a bit of a hash of it...

Notice how the bracket sits proud... it shouldn't do that should it? i thought it would be plush along the dashboard.

They also scuffed my dashboard a bit around the radio, not sure if you can see from the picture here...

I only noticed when I got home and its a two hour trip i made... grrrrrrrr!

I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Other than that the unit is fine and does the job nicely.... sometimes the right speakers don't engage, thats a bit annoying, i have to wiggle it a bit and they start to make a noise... i noticed a few people complaining about that.

Still, at least i have maps and more now.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Nosuch Disco said:
Just got back from having maps and more retrofitted...

I think the guys doing the job made a bit of a hash of it...

Notice how the bracket sits proud... it shouldn't do that should it? i thought it would be plush along the dashboard.

No it shouldn't, it should go bit deeper in dashboard.

-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Looks a bit different ...

There is a plate which has to be removed. The contacts are about 10 mm deeper than the dash surface.
The "gallow" is put into the hole. It should click in two times - then it is mounted correctly ...
It can be removed by pushing the button on the back ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh yes i see that!!

What a shame.... it works fine and i'm otherwise happy, it just looks a bit daft!

it seems that they've put the pate on top of the dash as opposed to underneath... i could try to pull it out and put it pack in underneath and that might sort things.... I dunno.... i might just leave it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It just seems to have the two screws going through it, i can't see that its been adhered in any other way. I could undo the screws and see if i can get something in between the gallow and the dash, just a bit worried about making matters worse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts