Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New VW Up owners and cannot register Maps+More on Apple Mac or Windows pc. The device is not recognised when using the usb cable supplied in the box.

Is there a VW site for registration or is it the Garmin site?

Any other ideas welcome?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Never bothered to register my M&M. At the speed roads change in this country not bothered about maps update. My M&M is working fine and I fear refresh might spoil it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My feelings too.We have a Tom Tom in our camper and I did update that once,but did not notice any difference whatsoever.A newish round-about near us was still not shown after the update.

Go well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get a solution to your problem? I'm having the same problem and the other two replies in this thread weren't terribly helpful. Having paid for the thing, I'd quite like it to do what it's supposed to do. Quite apart from map updates, I'd just like to register the device to access any benefits and extra products that registration brings.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had that problem. Got in touch with Navigon [not Garmin]. And got their phone number. Man guided me through steps. Think it meant deleting the memory within the Maps and More Unit and reinstalling the memory from the link he gave me. Took about 4 hours to do. Then take it to car and it links to your particular vehicle. Then reconnect it to PC and it then registered and downloaded necessary updates. He took me step by step to the download stage so I couldn't make any mistakes. Sorry I cannot remember the exact details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts