Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys brand new on here so bear with me. I took delivery of a brand new 2017 move up yesterday and im absolutely delighted with it.

I cant however for the life of me get the maps and more app to connect with the move up, i dont have the smartphone holder but as far as i am aware this is literally just a bit of plastic to slot your phone into, i do have the 5" composition phone media system which is according to the app store all that is required to connect the maps and more app and this apparently connects via bluetooth. I have an iphone 7 and a moto g4 android phone, both pair beautifully with the car system for calls, audio etc. but whenever i load the maps and more app it simply says no bluetooth connection to your up, retry or work offline are the only options to select, this is exactly the same on both android and iphone phones despite them both being able to connect fine wth bluetooth for calls and music.

Am i doing aomething wrong? Or mYbe i need the smartphone cradle from VW (which they say they can order for £99) to activate the app functionality and then the car will connect? It would be nice to have gps sound running through the cars speakers.

i'm hoping its not because ths move up does not support this , i am pretty sure it does as mentioned above i have the composition touchscreen phone infortainment system which is all thats required.

Let me know your experiences pairing the app and getting it to work :) in some youtube videos i have seen an extra display comes on the cars screen to control the app, i have never seen these appear in my car but this may just be cause the app is not running.

Kind regards

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't need the cradle to use the app.but you will need the USB to keep the phone charged if you use m+m for any length of time.I think you should be able to download the app.as you seem to have the the correct system but it should pair up ok keep trying mine took several attempts but if you still have a problem try getting help from a dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help i will try later as i got the car for my mum.

So basically all you did was pair your phone the usual way, then just loaded up the maps and more app? Did you have to put the system in any mode in the car to allow it to take the app?

Many thank

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just pair up as normal with ignition & info.system on.You may be right about the high up being different but if you have the 5" info. system I would have thought it would be app.compatable.There may be someone on site that can give you better advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You need to have an app connect license to use the app. If your radio menu does not have 'app connect' as an option you will need to purchase it.

This is a genuine accessory, part number 1S0051435E.

It includes the dock and activation of the app connect feature (maps and more app). This has to be done at a stealership. I presume the price of the accessory includes labour for the job but it's probably worth checking first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just got a 2014 Move Up! and also found it impossible to connect the app...I have a Bluetooth device that goes into the cigarette lighter but still no luck...any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts